Guess the movie from the image

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
yug
2041 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Guess the movie from the image

Post by yug »

A long shot, but is it Sorcerer, 1977? The plane in the last image in the rural setting, the actual picture quality of all the images posted with lots of green (the texture of the film is embedded in my head and matches the pictures here of which I am a fan), image two showing Mexican/Colombian currency, and image one shows the backstory of one of the truck drivers...

The movie is one of my top favorites, and I feel that it is seriously underrated; just like William Friedkin who isn't revered as equally as some of the other cinema greats (is what I feel). I was glued to the edge of the seat when I watched it for the first time; couldn't move; brilliantly tense.

If it is indeed Sorcerer, then a really fine set of images for the game JSchlansky. Thanks.
If not, in any case, I need to revisit the movie; has been a few years I had a rewatch and apologizes for writing out a long-ass post for a guess that wasn't.

JSchlansky
4285 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

Well deduced, that's correct. I agree with your assessment of the film and Friedkin too

mattorama12
3084 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

One of the hosts on a film podcast that I listen to (shout out to The Film Vault) recently caught up with Sorcerer and has been singing its praises every chance he gets. I've been meaning to check it out, so I'm happy to have some independent confirmation I need to bump it up in the queue.

yug
2041 Ratings

Post by yug »

@JSchlansky: Great to bump into a fellow Friedkin admirer.

@mattorama12: Great. Let us know how you liked it.

Digressing a bit on an ideal viewing environment: I did see it on a laptop connected to a headphone for the first time, yet the experience was immersive. An ideal setting would be a home theatre with a good projector; nothing too fancy---a 5.1 surround system with a 2K projector should suffice. As a devoted Blu-ray collector, I can confirm that the movie has been released in 5.1 DTS HD MA, 5.1 LPCM, and 5.1 TRUE HD, which are all interchangeable (audio-quality wise). Therefore, an object-based audio setup---like for Atmos or DTS:X---will not be required.

Contrary to the popular opinion of Henri-Georges Clouzot's Wages of Fear, 1953 being a better film than Sorcerer, I found the latter to be superior.

If you do end up liking the movie, I have another suggestion for you---Werner Herzog's Fitzcarraldo, 1982. I did check that it doesn't feature in your rated list, so I ass-u-me that you haven't seen it. Also, will check out The Film Vault, thanks!

Next challenge coming up shortly.

yug
2041 Ratings

Post by yug »

At the outset: This challenge is based on the word "metamorphosis". Not Cillian Murphy whose film would have been a worthy candidate.

yug
2041 Ratings

Post by yug »

Here is another one before I retire for the day:

yug
2041 Ratings

Post by yug »

The following image is gory. Please click at your own risk:

Spoiler!

yug
2041 Ratings

Post by yug »

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Von Trier's House That Jack Built?

Haven't seen it since the year of release whenever that was so I might be way off but seems to fit the vibe of these images.

FreddieQuell
13407 Ratings

Post by FreddieQuell »

House That Jack Built is my favorite movie, i am almost positive it isn't that. If it is i will quit drinking lol

My guess would be Law Abiding Citizen, but im not positive.