Exclude a certain genre from a ranking list

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
BadCosmonaut
4400 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Exclude a certain genre from a ranking list

Post by BadCosmonaut »

Any updates on this? The recommendation and prediction engine on this site is so good. I feel like this is basic functionality that should be a no brainer.

[spoiler]Image

Each of the ones with a square is a genre I want to exclude. That's almost half of them. It gets old sifting through anime and documentary movies I don't want to see to find the genres I do want to see. Then again, this site is free, so I'm not making demands here.[/spoiler]

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

Any progress on this?

I was reminded again just now of how invaluable this resource would be when going through my rankings.

r.Din
2885 Ratings

Post by r.Din »

Would also like to see this.

td888
3955 Ratings

Post by td888 »

Bump.

Is there any prospect of this feature coming any time soon. I really love this site, but I really wish I could exclude genre 'Drama' from browsing through Criticker's database. At the moment all my (top) filtered results are swamped with Drama's and Documentaries. It's getting a bit annoying to be honest, clicking through dozen results before finding any non-Drama/Documentary movie.

It would greatly improve the usage of this site.

BadCosmonaut
4400 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

One workaround I've been doing is "ignoring" genre movies high in my psi list I know I don't want to watch, such as documentaries and anime. This isn't a great workaround, but it's been good enough so far.

Of course, this won't help if you want to exclude drama (because I'm assuming you want to watch drama at least some of the time), but should hopefully help with the genres you know you won't want to watch at all in the short term :|

BadCosmonaut
4400 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

BadCosmonaut wrote:One workaround I've been doing is "ignoring" genre movies high in my psi list I know I don't want to watch, such as documentaries and anime. This isn't a great workaround, but it's been good enough so far.

Of course, this won't help if you want to exclude drama (because I'm assuming you want to watch drama at least some of the time), but should hopefully help with the genres you know you won't want to watch at all in the short term :|

I now have over 2000 entries ignored as a workaround. I could ignore 5 times that many if I spent the time.

Is there any word on adding this feature? I believe we need to be able to exclude by genre and/or country. I think a site whose primary purpose is as a recommendation engine needs expansive filtering options.

BadCosmonaut
4400 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

Bump for 2017. Any chance on getting this feature this year? I have over 3,000 entries ignored as a workaround. I could ignore thousands more. I'd like to not see hundreds of documentaries in my top PSI that I'm not normally interested in watching. Another problem is that on the off chance I want to watch a documentary, I have an even harder time finding one since I have to go look in my ignored list which is also filled with a ton of other stuff like anime and stand up comedies. So it's the same problem all over again.

Please consider how invaluable this feature would be to users like me. Thank you.

BadCosmonaut
4400 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

With so many big changes happening on this site, I thought I'd bump this thread for 2018. If this feature is added, I think it could be the best yet. Thank you.

hermitek
2040 Ratings

Post by hermitek »

I'd like to see this feature on the site as well.

BadCosmonaut
4400 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

A new bump for a new decade.