Return To: Board Index | Help me name that movie

Trying to identify a dark fantasy movie from the 80s or 90s.

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
Tom729
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Trying to identify a dark fantasy movie from the 80s or 90s.

Postby Tom729 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Hi. I presume that it was a fantasy movie because of the atmosphere but I could be wrong. It definitely had fantasy elements to it. Anyway, I don't know if anyone will be able to help me find out the name of this movie because my recollection of the plot is extremely vague, but in the early nineties I remember seeing a movie that seemed to be very much like a cross between Tim Burton for the dark and weird atmosphere and Jim Henson for the puppets and costumed actors interacting with actual real human actors. My guess would be that the movie came out either in the very early nineties or sometime in the 80s. I have googled "fantasy movies in the 80s and 90s and just can't find this one."

The movie I guess had a kinda a dark fantasy medieval setting. The main real life human protagonist was sort of like a court jester working for some kind king or ruler who was one of the weird looking creatures. The only scene that I vividly recollect is that at one point in the film the creatures find this hybrid of a woman/bird and they put here in a giant cage.

Sorry that is all I remember.

JayTeeBlaze
1363 Ratings

Re: Trying to identify a dark fantasy movie from the 80s or 90s.

Postby JayTeeBlaze » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:26 pm

Is it The Dark Crystal?

ribcage
3720 Ratings

Re: Trying to identify a dark fantasy movie from the 80s or 90s.

Postby ribcage » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:41 pm

Possibly an episode of The Storyteller?

Return to “Help me name that movie”