Raj India miniseries - 1980s

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
Betsy2014
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Raj India miniseries - 1980s

Post by Betsy2014 »

Hi - I've been trying to find the title of a miniseries for about 10 years and it's driving me crazy. What's most annoying is that in about 2000, a friend was able to figure it out online and I managed to lose the title again. Any help would be massively appreciated.

I watched this miniseries in the early 90s on television in India so it must have been filmed in the 80s. The plot begins (as I remember) with a british family living in India in the colonial days. They have two daughters, one of whom is kidnapped in the first episode (a young blonde girl). As the plot unfolds - all very exciting and dramatic, they eventually find her but she is now a young woman who has grown up with her kidnappers as an Indian, dressing and speaking as such. There is a cultish element, and in my memory she may have been raised to be a priestess? (that may be misleading....) I associate it with merchant ivory films of the period, but can't find it in their anthologies. May have been a Granada production at the time? When I watched it, it was shown on Star TV.

Thank you!

Ag0stoMesmer
4943 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Raj India miniseries - 1980s

Post by Ag0stoMesmer »