Andrei Tarkovsky

Discuss your favorite actors, directors or screenwriters
TedDedon
1184 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Andrei Tarkovsky

Post by TedDedon »

Andrei Tarkovsky is a genius. Possibly the best foreign director around. There's really no topic to discuss.. so what's your favorite of his movies? lol

jimmynmu
1209 Ratings

Post by jimmynmu »

Andrei Rublev and Stalker are my favourite Tarkovsky films. He was an incredible director, using strong visuals and unique pacing to their fullest advantage. All of his features are worthwhile in my opinion.

TedDedon
1184 Ratings

Post by TedDedon »

Yeah. I really love his work. I just ordered The Mirror on DVD today since that one seems to be the hardest one to get ahold of renting-wise. I want to see Nostalghia but I think that's another region coded DVD, so I probably will have to wait until KINO or Criterion snag up the rights. I saw you have seen that Jimmy, how do you like it overall? I noticed you rated it a little lower than most of the others you have rated.

AFlickering
3002 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

I've only seen 'Mirror' and 'Stalker', but both are in my top 10 films of all time. The man has the potential to be my favourite director of all, once I get round to seeing all his work. His others are on my rental list, but alas it's a big list.

KGB
1335 Ratings

Post by KGB »

I'm waiting forward to see Andrei Tarkovsky films. I still haven't seen any, but so many of them are burried somewhere in my gigantic rental list. I got a chance once on TV to catch 'Andrei Rublev', but I was still an ignorant rookie in the films medium (and everywhere else, really), and I just looked for something else to watch.

Dorkovsky
42444 Ratings

Post by Dorkovsky »

I have only seen Stalker, Solaris, and Ivan's Childhood and they are all magnificent (in at least some ways) I honestly wasn't too crazy about Ivan's Childhood. Besides the beautiful B&W cinematography, it didn't really click.

On the other hand, the other 2 I have seen totally blew me away. Definitely one of my favorite foreign directors.

AFlickering
3002 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

I suspect if there's one director whose works will still be watched centuries from now, it'll be Tarkovsky.