Movie Title - 30 Year Old Action "Buddy" Movie

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
25 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Movie Title - 30 Year Old Action "Buddy" Movie

Post by 321 »

1. Late 80s or early 90s
2. Two main characters, White guy and Asian guy (maybe cops) working together, had
that "cool" 80s/90s Lethal Weapon action hero look (action/fighting/karate/explosions)
3. Movie was in English
4. The movie was on TV and may have been a made for TV movie
5. Movie was in color
6. Many of the movie's memorable scenes were at night with compelling lighting

Besides this movie being "action packed" with fight scenes, guns and explosions, the only scene
I actually remember is one where one of the cops was getting a back massage by having an Asian
lady walk on his back with a special table/area designed for this kind of massage and he saw her reflection
in some sort of a polished metal finish surface, she was then going to stab him with a knife, but seeing
this in the reflection, he threw her off... with more action following after that!

Also I recall an action scene at night, in some sort of a run-down industrial building/factory area
with more shooting and explosions.

Had a similar look and feel to Showdown in Little Tokyo (1991) and The Perfect Weapon (1991)
and is also NOT:

Big Trouble in Little China (1986)
Black Rain (1989)
Samurai Cop (1991)
Red Sun Rising (1994)
American Yakuza (1994)
American Yakuza 2: Back to Back (1996)
American Dragons (1998)
The Corruptor (1999)

Any suggestions on how I might go about looking for this movie would be greatly appreciated!

rklenseth
11520 Ratings

Re: Movie Title - 30 Year Old Action "Buddy" Movie

Post by rklenseth »

Could it be "The Protector" (1985) with Jackie Chan and Danny Aiello? This movie has an exact massage scene you referred to with Danny Aiello's character and a massage lady walking on his back before trying to stab him.

rklenseth
11520 Ratings

Re: Movie Title - 30 Year Old Action "Buddy" Movie

Post by rklenseth »

Here is the massage parlor scene from the movie; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHB-Nh9Wshc