The Bourne Legacy

500 character mini-reviews cramping your style? Share your thoughts in full in this forum!
Stewball
2188 Ratings
Your TCI: na

The Bourne Legacy

Post by Stewball »

I was not disappointed at all, in fact I think it's well up to the best of it's predecessors and the best action movie of the Summer. The story is incredibly tight with inventive, highly detailed situations, including the virtual cat and mouse with the central controllers chasing them around the country and the world from their HQ back home. The only real negatives are the neutral music (until the credits) and the chase scene which had a couple of detractions,like the occasional shaky-cam and pushing the limits of credibility in a couple of places. The final element of the chase, however, had everybody gasping and wowing.

Jeremy Renner definitely has the charisma which showed here brilliantly throughout, at least equal to Damon, and he did most of his own stunts (I want to know if that includes the opening scene in the icy[?] Alaskan stream). And Edward Norton has played the bad guy before but never better than this. No really profound dialogue, but there were several good lines, with Rachael Weisz delivering the best one at the very end. If they can get Damon and Renner to do the next one it should be an absolute killer :roll: . I know this is but I really hate to use the word sequel with any of the Bourne films, and this one is no exception. 8/10