Bug Fixes - March 17

This is where you'll find information about updates to the site -- new features we've introduced, bugs we've fixed, and anything else which might be of interest to the community!
mpowell
1201 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Bug Fixes - March 17

Post by mpowell »

We've just released a bunch of new bug fixes! Thanks as always to everyone who's been submitting them!

Leading Articles Being Stripped
This was an error where titles that start with articles ("The", "A", "An", etc) were having those articles stripped. We've fixed the error now, but if you spot any titles that need updated, please let us know using the "Update Information" form on the title page -- this is the easiest for us, as it ties right into our admin tools.

Error when trying to remove favorite filmmakers
An error was preventing the unassignment of filmmakers as favorites, from the User Profile.

Harden logic of ratings filtering
A handful of users were experiencing errors while filtering ratings

Password Reset Form Fails
Attempts to reset your password via the "Forgot your Password" utility were succeeding, but displaying an error message after finishing.

Stars aren't being counted for collections
First reported by Victoriouz
There was a conflict caused by redundant data, which has been cleaned up to rely on a single source of truth.

Dorkovsky
42439 Ratings

Re: Bug Fixes - March 17

Post by Dorkovsky »

I'm still having an issue with filtering. for me this link: https://www.criticker.com/films/?orderb ... &unrated=1

gives me this https://i.imgur.com/VV3nZwW.png

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Hmm... okay, I think that's a new one. The link you provided seems to work okay for me. We'll try and reproduce this, and possibly reach out if we need more assistance.

Just to get us started right, if you click directly on that link you posted, you get the blank screen? Or is it only after applying a filter and hitting "go"?

https://www.criticker.com/films/?orderb ... &unrated=1

Dorkovsky
42439 Ratings

Post by Dorkovsky »

weird, the direct link gets the same issue. i cleared my browser and noticed that it didnt have the problem while i was logged out.

miedzcu
2118 Ratings

Post by miedzcu »

You may want to look for common elements, as I have the same problem. The problem has been occurring since the beginning of the official introduction of the new layout. In the test version there was no such problem (I switched between the old and the new without disturbing errors).

Page when I am sing in:

Same page when I sing out:

I try:
1. Turn of all addons (adds blocker etc)
2. Clear browser cash
3. Incognito mode
4. Other browers (chrome -> edge)
5. Switch too other device.

Always the same symptom - maybe it is related to some of my internal account settings?

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for this information guys!

Yeah, looks like it might be something within the settings for a subset of users. Really helpful to have that context.

We'll dig in on this, and see if we can find out what might be going on! Will update here, once we do!

miedzcu
2118 Ratings

Post by miedzcu »

I would like to add that on the sub-site dedicated to the game I have no such problems. I managed to load the game page and give it a rating. We will be grateful if you can fix the problem :)

Dorkovsky
42439 Ratings

Post by Dorkovsky »

so far i have had no such issues with film title pages, it seems to only affect the full database and collections, here.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Hey there,

I'm pretty sure we've identified and fixed the problems you guys were running into -- which were related, but slightly different. I'm almost positive that the white screens miedzcu was encountering should now be gone, and I'm slightly less optimistic that we've solved everything for Dorkovsky.

Let us know if any other white screens pop up, and we'll do our best to get things working fully!

Dorkovsky
42439 Ratings

Post by Dorkovsky »

whatever you did it seemed to work! will be sure to let you know if i run into any other collection/filter issues. cheers