Movies and Emotion

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
MmzHrrdb
Your TCI: na

Re: Movies and Emotion

Post by MmzHrrdb »

this whole discussion on the differing emotions people feel when watching a movie made me remember a really great quote i'd like to share.

"Movies affect many of us powerfully because the combined impact of images, music, dialogue, lighting, sound and special effects can elicit deep feelings and help us reflect on our lives. They can help us to better understand our own lives, the lives of those around us and even how our society and culture operate. They can shed light on political and spiritual matters too and can provide catharsis and perspective and may open our eyes to new ways of thinking, feeling and pursuing our lives. There are many ways to harness the power of movies to heal, grow and change. Movies have been used as an adjunct to psychotherapy and counseling as well as by themselves."

this is definitely the aspect of film that attracts me the most

Stewball
2188 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Movies and Emotion

Post by Stewball »

jnmovie wrote:this whole discussion on the differing emotions people feel when watching a movie made me remember a really great quote i'd like to share.

"Movies affect many of us powerfully because the combined impact of images, music, dialogue, lighting, sound and special effects can elicit deep feelings and help us reflect on our lives. They can help us to better understand our own lives, the lives of those around us and even how our society and culture operate. They can shed light on political and spiritual matters too and can provide catharsis and perspective and may open our eyes to new ways of thinking, feeling and pursuing our lives. There are many ways to harness the power of movies to heal, grow and change. Movies have been used as an adjunct to psychotherapy and counseling as well as by themselves."

this is definitely the aspect of film that attracts me the most

Outstanding quote, but what the hell is the Zur Institute?

Then again, some people probably read some of my outstanding quotes and wonder who the hell is he?

Then again, I'm not an institute.

Then again, maybe I should get institutionalized. :|