Wishlist Tweaks

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
Fenius
1312 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Wishlist Tweaks

Post by Fenius »

Hi livelove. I performed your test and got exactly the same results as last time in every step. Beats me what's up.

livelove
67 Ratings

Post by livelove »

Thank you for your collaboration. That's sooooo weird. And sorry for having had doubts, but getting different results was such an incredibly unlikely scenario. I have filed a bug report, I'm curious what mpowell will say.

What value did your variable have ?
Don't forget to reset it to its previous value.

And if you find the time, I'd be happy about an answer to my 2 postings on the previous page (posting 1 and posting 2).

Horus
523 Ratings

Post by Horus »

The value of my variable was 3, and I did reset it afterward. As to your other two statements, you're quite right: I misstated. My problem was not recommendations but titles continuing to appear in Full Database. Sorry about that.

It took me a while, but I ignored all 860 titles on my Wishlist, and am hopeful that everything's finally working more or less the way I wanted it to. My requirements are pretty specific, I suppose, but I'd be curious to hear if anyone else has experienced the same behaviour with the Add Wishlist / Ignore reporting. Please let me know if you get a response.

Fenius
1312 Ratings

Post by Fenius »

Hi livelove -- The Firefox value I had was 3, and I reset it afterward. As for my Recommendations comment, I was imprecise: what I meant to convey was that the titles were still showing up in the filtered Full Database results, which has been my issue all along. I'd be curious to hear what the designers have to say about your bug report, so you might let me know if they respond. Thanks again.

livelove
67 Ratings

Post by livelove »

Fenius wrote:Hi livelove -- The Firefox value I had was 3, and I reset it afterward.

ok, thank you for testing that

Fenius wrote:As for my Recommendations comment, I was imprecise: what I meant to convey was that the titles were still showing up in the filtered Full Database results

ok, I thought so. When you click on the criticker logo or go to explore>recommendations, based on my observations you don't receive recommendations from your remembered or wishlisted films. But in the full database, they are of course expected to show up (hence my suggestion to highlight them in different colours).

Fenius wrote:I'd be curious to hear what the designers have to say about your bug report, so you might let me know if they respond. Thanks again.

You are very welcome. And if you want to be notified upon a reply to the bug report, the easiest way would be to go to that thread and click "subscribe" on the bottom of the page. That way you'll get a reply notification in your Criticker inbox (and in your e-mail too, if you enabled e-mail notifications in your Criticker user profile).

livelove
67 Ratings

Post by livelove »

Horus = Fenius ?
Why the need for 2 user accounts (400 vs 1000 rankings) ?

Fenius
1312 Ratings

Post by Fenius »

Horus = my father. Same router address, different guy. Look at his list and you'll find he's mostly ranked westerns, which I don't often bother with.

livelove
67 Ratings

Post by livelove »

ok, I see. So you share a computer and your father was not logged out.