Something is wrong with Recent Rankings

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
Grit
799 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Something is wrong with Recent Rankings

Post by Grit »

Still having intermittent problems. The reviews which were missing previously still haven't appeared and the ranking of Ratatouille I posted today initially showed up, then dissapreared from the Recent Rankings list a few minutes later.

AFlickering
3010 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

aye, this problem is unresolved

td888
3960 Ratings

Post by td888 »

Same here, 'No country for old man' doesn't show up in my recent rankings. But maybe it's karma, this movie doesn't deserve it anyway.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Fixed!! (I'm pretty sure this time)

The problem was mainly occurring for films that had earlier been marked as "remembered" or "ignored". The date of ranking wasn't overriding the date of being so marked. That has been repaired.

We've also decided to update the date when an existing score is edited. That means, you can bump rankings up to the top of your list of recent films by editing their scores or mini-reviews.

Update: I should also mention that this will only affect rankings from this point on -- we're not able to retrieve post ranking dates, which have shown this problem

AFlickering
3010 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

my review of high noon isn't showing

my rereview of no country is however. no accounting for taste, td888 ;)

AFlickering
3010 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

mpowell wrote:We've also decided to update the date when an existing score is edited. That means, you can bump rankings up to the top of your list of recent films by editing their scores or mini-reviews.

awesome, nice one

KGB
1335 Ratings

Post by KGB »

I, for once, don't think it's such a good idea. I, for once, am planning of "fixing" my rankings so the tiers look better, and it would be a mess for someone to look at my recen rankings. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a nice feature; when I see a film again and have a different opinion of it I have to first delete my original ranking and then make the new one, so this feature is nice. But I think it should be optional, maybe ticking a box or a pop up that asks you if you want to put it at the top of your latest rankings.

AFlickering
3010 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

The facebook app is just repeating my reviews when i edit them rather than bumping the initial one up to the top. My review of Atonement is currently listed twice.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

AFlickering wrote:The facebook app is just repeating my reviews when i edit them rather than bumping the initial one up to the top. My review of Atonement is currently listed twice.

Urrggghh... thanks for catching this. For the Facebook XML, we just keep adding onto the list, as opposed to rewriting after every ranking. We've fixed this issue now, and your Facebook profile should look correct after you rank another film (and wait the hour or so for it to propagate to Facebook).

Thanks again

AFlickering
3010 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

cheers :)