Her (2013) - is it not boring?

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
VorpalKitten
768 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Her (2013) - is it not boring?

Post by VorpalKitten »

Stewball wrote:So, in conclusion, the long and the short of it is ***drum roll please***

Her is not boring!

(I'm glad that's finally settled.)

I mean, it 100% is boring to me,, at the very least. I guess part of my problem was that the main character was unlikable from the start, so I had no reason to care bout anything that was happening.

Stewball
2188 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Her (2013) - is it not boring?

Post by Stewball »

VorpalKitten wrote:
Stewball wrote:So, in conclusion, the long and the short of it is ***drum roll please***

Her is not boring!

(I'm glad that's finally settled.)

I mean, it 100% is boring [i]to me,[/i, at the very least. I guess part of my problem was that the main character was unlikable from the start, so I had no reason to care bout anything that was happening.

You have something of a point there, the guy is a talented writer (hell even Chris Pratt likes him for that), but his thinking is erratic. I believe you said you didn't watch the whole thing, but if you stick with it, he finally starts getting his ducks in a row. And like I've said, there's a whole lot of deep shit going on, and some people just aren't going to put out the effort for that (which I don't judge, just please keep it to yourselves)--especially when one of the main issues is taking AI seriously when everybody knows AI is impossible, or at least, religiously/humanistically/atheistically speaking, sacrilegious.

Well, I think I touched at least a few of the bases--there's like 7 or 8 or 20 or something.