All Things Must Pass: The Rise and Fall of Tower Records
All-Things-Must-Pass-The

All Things Must Pass: The Rise and Fall of Tower Records

2015
Documentary, History
'All Things Must Pass' is a documentary that explores the rise and fall of Tower Records, and its legacy forged by its rebellious founder, Russ Solomon.
Amazon VideoApple TVGoogle Play MoviesVuduTubi TVKanopy
Peacock Premium
Plex
Freevee
Plex Player

It'd be interesting to see what millennials who've never set foot in a record store, much less 1 as awesome as Tower would make of this, but to someone w/ fond memories of sifting through racks and racks of albums and checking out new stuff at the listening stations, this is a mostly absorbing document about 1 of the best places there was to pass the time. It's particularly surprising to hear the back story of its origins - a lesson at how slapdash one can be if they've discovered a new market.
A succinct, precisely focused documentary that allows it's characters to bring depth to the subject without veering of course, which would have been very easy to do.
God, I miss Tower Records! Excellent, solid documentary (although score may be inflated slightly by reason of intense nostalgia)....absorbing and fast-moving.
Nostalgia Night - part 1
Solid informative doc about Tower Records. Seeing as they never expanded to Montreal, I've never really heard of them growing up (maybe in passing) and this doc told me everything I needed to know about them. So good job Colin Hanks. Anything to keep you from acting is good with me! Now where did I leave my hand truck fuel?

Director: Colin_HanksColin Hanks