Could someone delete my account?

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
TheDenizen
3114 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Could someone delete my account?

Post by TheDenizen »

I thought there was an account deletion link on your profile page.

adgrimes
297 Ratings

Post by adgrimes »

Same for me... Please delete my account... Why is there no account delete option available yet?

Thanks

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Please, delete my account.
Thanks.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

jonnycartee
289 Ratings

Post by jonnycartee »

Could someone delete my account, my email is jonnycartee@yahoo.com,

thanks

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Could you delete me also?

email: flippyfloppy@live.com

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

:shock: ~pumpkin~ say it ain't so...

This goes to everyone who wants to delete their accounts:

I can understand not wanting to use the site any more if you've found an alternative/have lost interest, but why delete your account and all your ratings? A site like Criticker is better and more accurate the more users and ratings it has....the database is only as good as the data it contains.

Let your accounts become inactive if you so choose, but deleting all your rankings only diminishes the experience for those of us who remain. I've discovered lots of great movies perusing the ratings/reviews of an inactive member, and they contribute to the PSIs for everyone.

jal90
845 Ratings

Post by jal90 »

TheDenizen wrote::shock: ~pumpkin~ say it ain't so...

This goes to everyone who wants to delete their accounts:

I can understand not wanting to use the site any more if you've found an alternative/have lost interest, but why delete your account and all your ratings? A site like Criticker is better and more accurate the more users and ratings it has....the database is only as good as the data it contains.

Let your accounts become inactive if you so choose, but deleting all your rankings only diminishes the experience for those of us who remain. I've discovered lots of great movies perusing the ratings/reviews of an inactive member, and they contribute to the PSIs for everyone.

I am quite surprised to see so many people who decided to delete their account in Criticker, but I prefer not to ask. There are people who choose to get out of some sites and delete the information they had accumulated. I wouldn't but if they have an opinion that this will make them, somehow, good, it's their decision and all.

In fact, if they make the effort to go and delete their account, it must be because there is a reason behind (probably ideological), because it's easier to become an inactive member. Maybe they don't feel comfortable being associated to the page? Are they starting a crusade against the whole internet or something? I don't know, depends on each case.

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

It's easy enough to just blank out all your personal data on the profile page.

I can't see what anyone gains by actually deleting all their rankings, unless they're leaving the site in anger for some reason.

I have inactive user accounts all over the web, but the only time I ever deleted an account anywhere was at a particular message board where the site admin went psycho and started banning people left and right for no real reason. I'm not asking why someone would leave Criticker...but rather why they'd insist on erasing any trace of having been here in the first place.

edkrak
3747 Ratings

Post by edkrak »

I guess that's what happens when your mum finds your account and you need to get rid of evidence of all the smut you've watched asap.