Watch Journal

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
td888
3958 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Watch Journal

Post by td888 »

Just see thuis feature for the first time. What is it and how is it supposed to be used?
It mentions you can do it while rating or editing a rating but I don't see it

BadCosmonaut
4422 Ratings

Re: Watch Journal

Post by BadCosmonaut »

Is this the feature you're asking about?

As far as I know, the purpose of this feature is to allow a user to distinguish between the date the user rated a movie versus when the user actually watched the movie. For example, let's say you watch a movie on January 1st but you don't rate it until February 1st. You can manually change the watch date to January 1st so that it accurately reflects the true date you watched it on, instead of seeming as if you watched it on February 1st. I guess this is for people who don't like the "date rated" date to be inaccurate/misleading in any way.

The watch journal seems to just be the full list of movies you've rated that have a watch date, so you can view them all together easily and can edit them from the list rather than having to edit them one at a time from each movie page.

I'm not sure why you don't see the option to set a Watch Date when you rate a movie or when you edit a movie's rating. I see the option to change the Watch Date in both places. Are you on the old movie page or the new movie page? Maybe the old movie page doesn't have this feature.

td888
3958 Ratings

Post by td888 »

Thanks for the explanation, much appreciated.

I'm indeed still on the old movie page. There's nowhere an option to set watch date. My watch journal is empty at the moment.

Not a big deal by the way. I was just curious about this feature.

BadCosmonaut
4422 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

I checked the old movie page, and I don't see the option to set a Watch Date either. That would explain why your Watch Journal is empty, since no Watch Dates have been generated for you yet (since you rate using the old page). If you wanted to use this feature, you would have to set Watch Dates manually, probably on the new page, or begin to use the new page as your default in order to have them set automatically.

td888
3958 Ratings

Post by td888 »

I remember trying the new movie page but didn't like it for some reason. To be honest the old movie page isn't what it used to be either. I've got tons of whitespace and items aren't aligned either (mobile site).

But I still can rate movies and will keep using it till criticker falls apart ;)

As for setting watch dates, I have almost 4000 rankings. Not going to do this manually....