"(500) Days of Summer"

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
tef
1361 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: "(500) Days of Summer"

Post by tef »

2250 here. ;)

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

tef wrote:2250 here. ;)

Wait, is that FIDE (mentioned you were Persian), USCF, or ICC?

tef
1361 Ratings

Post by tef »

ShogunRua wrote:

FIDE, I'm an im.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

tef wrote:
ShogunRua wrote:

FIDE, I'm an im.

You're an IM at 2250? I've known some IMs with even lower FIDE ratings, but that's definitely unusual.

How old are you now, man?

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

Thank God there're dates on the posts or I never would've figured out wtf was going on. But then my IQ is probably down around 27 so I guess I can count myself lucky that I didn't just fall asleep drooling on my desktop. I still stand by my evaluation of (500), but no big deal I guess against all these massive intellects.

tef
1361 Ratings

Post by tef »

ShogunRua wrote:You're an IM at 2250? I've known some IMs with even lower FIDE ratings, but that's definitely unusual.

How old are you now, man?

I lost a bunch of games vs. a master friend of mine in a tourney, tank'd my rating because he's much lower. I only play for fun. I'm 27 now. I think my peak rating was 23something.

tef
1361 Ratings

Post by tef »

Stewball wrote:Thank God there're dates on the posts or I never would've figured out wtf was going on. But then my IQ is probably down around 27 so I guess I can count myself lucky that I didn't just fall asleep drooling on my desktop. I still stand by my evaluation of (500), but no big deal I guess against all these massive intellects.

Chess skill is in no way directly related to intelligence. Alekhine was no genius, nor Spassky, ...maybe Tal and Fischer were. Capablanca too maybe.

All due respect, the people who challenge other people's intelligence levels are typically only you and Shogun.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

tef wrote:Chess skill is in no way directly related to intelligence. Alekhine was no genius, nor Spassky, ...maybe Tal and Fischer were. Capablanca too maybe.

There are many types of intelligence, and chess requires superior ability in some of them.

All due respect, the people who challenge other people's intelligence levels are typically only you and Shogun.

I've NEVER challenged other people's intelligence, on any board. I figure if they're cogent enough to type and compose at least semi-coherent sentences.......and as I just said, there's all types of intelligence. What you were/are probably reacting to is my disdain for intellectual sloth--something completely different, and ultimately reprehensible. A common example is where someone ignores what has happened or been said, and goes off on a completely irrelevant rant, such as, say, how I challenge other people's intelligence.

Thought I'd grab this that you said in the Inception thread:

The reason no one cares to discuss things with you, Stew, is that you're an ideologue. The evidence must conform to your beliefs, and not reality. I don't care to discuss it further, no one can convince you of anything.

This kind of comment almost always comes from somebody who feels their "intelligence" is being "challenged" (when it isn't) because they can't think or don't want to think of a response. At that point you declare that I'm an ideologue. (re: sloth). Does it matter if I am or not? If I'm wrong, I'm a big boy and I can take it and admit it if so. But telling me I'm putting the cart before the horse is to question my integrity and is just empty name calling.

I don't know why you're doggin' me here, but if this is the best ya got, you are unarmed.

tef
1361 Ratings

Post by tef »

Okay, patzer.

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

Stewball wrote: If I'm wrong, I'm a big boy and I can take it and admit it if so.

ill believe it when i see it