Lines that stood out in a film

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
by Devol
1140 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Lines that stood out in a film

Post by by Devol »

I checked the other twelve pages if there might be a thread similar to this - hope I haven’t overlooked.

to whit:

"Why? Because it feels so goddamned good" - from “Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia”

"Trying is for losers. The winners get to take the prom queen home and fuck her" - from “The Rock”. The only thing I remember from the movie. I guess you had to hear the way Connery brogue'd it.

"You look much smaller on television, Mr. President" - from “Being There”

"Hist-o-ry", and then a minute later, "Game BALL" - from “The Longest Yard” (‘74)

"My parents never divorced, although I begged them to” - from “Play it Again, Sam”

"There's only one" - from “The Exorcist”

“THE YEAR IS ONE!” - from “Rosemary’s Baby”

"That Rabbit's DYNAMITE!" - from “Monty Python and the Holy Grail”

"Plastics" - from “The Graduate”

"Honey, I'm Home" - from “The Shining”

Big-spectacled dude’s spiel on feeding corpses to pigs in “Snatch”

"Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?" - from “Dr. Strangelove”

"It isn't safe" - from “Marathon Man”

“I prefer to eat my fish with the head on” - from “Chinatown”

Sorry - you wear the goonybird hat if you mention “hasta la vista, baby”, “I’ll be back”, “they’re baaaa-ack” or “heeeeeeeeeere’s JOHNNY!”
Oh shit! I just mentioned them!
Ack!

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Re: Lines that stood out in a film

Post by TheDenizen »

"Do you want a Gummi bear? They've been in my pocket all day so they're real warm and soft." - weird chick on the school bus to Ed Rooney in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

"Hey you, take your damn hands off her." - Marty McFly to Biff in Back to the Future.

"You don't want to fuck me, you'll catch something cruel." - Johnny to some whore in Naked.

"I like your watch Senor. Can I have it, when you are dead?" - small boy to one of the Three Amigos.

"I'd like to proceed directly to the intravenous injection of hard drugs, please." - Renton to Mother Superior in Trainspotting.

"Crom laughs at your four winds. He laughs from his mountain." - Conan to Subotai in Conan the Barbarian during a religious discussion.

"K-Mart sucks." - Raymond in Rain Man

"Well, boys, I reckon this is it - nuclear combat toe to toe with the Rooskies" - Major Kong to his flight crew in Dr Strangelove

"Seventeen days? Hey man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're not gonna last seventeen hours" - Hudson panicking in Aliens.

Bojangles
2727 Ratings

Post by Bojangles »

TheDenizen wrote:"I like your watch Senor. Can I have it, when you are dead?" - small boy to one of the Three Amigos.

LOL I need to see that...

"What am I doing? I'm talking into an empty telephone. Cuz there's a dead man on the other end of this fucking line." - Heat

"It's the dismal tide." - No Country For Old Men

"What am I looking for? What am I looking for? What am I looking for?" - Punch-Drunk Love

"There ain't some other world out there where everything's gonna be okay. There's just this one. Just this rock." - The Thin Red Line

"Mr. President, we must not have a mine shaft gap!" - Dr. Strangelove

"Bob's gone! He stole his car!" - Bottle Rocket

"No Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of." - The Big Lebowski

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

Bojangles wrote:"No Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of." - The Big Lebowski

pretty much everything John Goodman says in that flick could go in this thread. :D

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

From "Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue"

Cop harrassing a hippie: "You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you?"

Hippie: "You make it easy."

by Devol
1140 Ratings

Post by by Devol »

from "Death Wish":

Charles (just before blowing buddy's head off): You believe in Jesus?

buddy: Yes.

Charles: You're about meet him.

from "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest":

"But I'd really like to see the World Series"

and later on:

"Ya fooled'em all, Chief!"

edit:

from "Scenes From the Class Struggle in Beverly Hills":

a smitten Jackie Bisset: "....and he'll eat your box till your nose bleeds."

Dominoes1992
594 Ratings

Post by Dominoes1992 »

"You may take the risk, but I do the cutting" - Clint Eastwood in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

"There are two kinds of people in this world, those with guns and those with guns. I got the gun and you dig." Clint Eastwood, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

dom wrote:"There are two kinds of people in this world, those with guns and those with guns. I got the gun and you dig." Clint Eastwood, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Isn't this line "There are two kinds of people in this world, those with loaded guns...and those who dig. You dig." ???
Last edited by TheDenizen on Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

My favorite Clint Eastwood character line (of many) is probably "Man's gotta know his limitations..."

"They died of natural causes...natural to their line of work." (No Country for Old Men)

"Friendo." (No Country for Old Men)

"He'll feel better after he's robbed a few banks." (Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid)

by Devol
1140 Ratings

Post by by Devol »

Another "Butch Cassidy...":

"I can't swim."

EDIT:

"...and I'll do anything you ask of me except one thing. I won't watch you die. I'll miss that scene if you don't mind." The way Katherine Ross says it - it always stops me up short every time, and it's because she has this incredibly powerful, measured, even tone that just cuts through any bullshit and delivers its understated George Foreman uppercut. I've seen her in two others - "The Graduate" and "The Stepford Wives", and the more I contemplate her the more I am floored at how quite awe-inspired I am by her.