What are your favorite film pick-ups?

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
TV+Film-Hub
2822 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Post by TV+Film-Hub »

Another for fun question:
(For example, guy picks up a chick, or chick picking up a guy.)

Mine are:
1. The Holiday: (Chick picking up a guy) Camera Diaz: "You know Graham, I just broke up with someone and considering you just showed up and you're insanely good-looking and probably won't remember me anyway... I'm thinking we should have sex..."
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-DmUcJt ... _stranger/

2. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. (I couldn't find a video link for this one.)
Kate Hudson: Andie Anderson.
Matthew McConaughey: Benjamin Barry.
Kate Hudson: Cute.
Matthew McConaughey: Thank you.
Kate Hudson: I meant your name.
Matthew McConaughey: Thank you two times.
Kate Hudson: Unattached?
Matthew McConaughey: Currently.
Kate Hudson: Likewise.
Matthew McConaughey: Surprising.
Kate Hudson: Psycho?
Matthew McConaughey: Rarely... Interested?
Kate Hudson: Perhaps.
Matthew McConaughey: Hungry?
Kate Hudson: Starving.
Matthew McConaughey: Leaving.
Kate Hudson: Now.

Sadly those are the only good ones I can think of.
You guys? Can you think of more?

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Re: What are your favorite film pick-ups?

Post by ShogunRua »

lvlr wrote:(chick picking up a guy.)

Considering that in most cases, a simple "you, me..sex" suffices, as does simply making out with him on the spot, this isn't a particularly difficult or interesting scenario.

lvlr wrote:1. The Holiday

2. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.

Haven't seen either of the two films in question (and don't intend to, really), but reading your quotes, I got the same impression from both. Namely, they absolutely scream "lazy writing". Like, if you gave me a time limit of 2 minutes to think of a random conversation prior to a hook-up, I would write something as sloppy, unfunny, and unoriginal.

CMonster
1444 Ratings

Post by CMonster »

My favorite is a film I'm pretty sure only about 5 people have seen. There is no dialogue. What happens is a girl is walking down the street when a man puts a rag over her face and throws her in the trunk of his car. It's a documentary I personally made about the only fool proof way to pick up chicks.

Alex S
917 Ratings

Post by Alex S »

I think this works perfectly...

edkrak
3747 Ratings

Post by edkrak »

CMonster wrote:My favorite is a film I'm pretty sure only about 5 people have seen. There is no dialogue. What happens is a girl is walking down the street when a man puts a rag over her face and throws her in the trunk of his car. It's a documentary I personally made about the only fool proof way to pick up chicks.

It's funny, I can't think of a single Japanese film where men use different pick-up. It's like rape is one of their most important traditions. Or am I watching wrong films?

by Devol
1140 Ratings

Post by by Devol »

I''m too clip-challenged (also - it's hella faster reading this than seeing every scene)......

Cary Grant had a whole buncha p/u's. Hopefully when I'm 90 women will mistake me for him.

Shirley McClaine wooing Peter Sellars in the bedroom in "Being There".

Living-room scene in "The Graduate" with the camera shot of Dustin Hoffman framed under the crook of Anne Bancroft's leg in the foreground. Later in that scene he kisses her before she can blow out her cigarette smoke.

Most annoyingly tenacious p/u: Harvey Kietel mashing Ellen Burstyn in "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore"

The subtitles scene with Woody Allen and Diane Keaton in "Annie Hall".

At dinner, the Lover exchanges wry comments about books with the Wife, (right in front of the Thief!), in "The Cook, the Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover".

Campbell Scott's bewildering, protracted, romantic assault on Jessica Beals and Elizabeth Berkley in "Rodger Dodger", while coaching the incredibly annoying Jesse Eisenberg. (this flick was almost ruined by one shitty fucking ending, btw)