"Batman v. Superman"

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
Stewball
2188 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: "Batman v. Superman"

Post by Stewball »

ShogunRua wrote:
Stewball wrote:
Yeah I spec' I shouldn't have expected any other than petty quibbling after crashing and burning so bad.

You're insane if you think I'm going to waste any time debating something as fucking stupid as the merits of Superman/God vs. Batman/ordinary human on the Internet.

If you didn't want to waste your time on something so fucking stupid, then why did you do just that?

Stewball wrote:I must admit I am surprised at how shut down you are on the Batman v. Superman thingy. I guess devastation is devastating, though I wouldn't know.

I legitimately laughed hard when I read this. Stewie suffering from delusions of grandeur is always hysterical. :)

I'll give you another chance and reiterate: multi-Kryptonite, girlfriend, mother? I'm listening. 8-)

Stewball wrote:I'm standing by for a pic of a 150# Fat Cat Woman.

Judging by the picture you posted, you were only off by about 200 pounds or so. Maybe the problem is that Stewie can't tell what bodyweights look like, especially on women?

Every representation/portrayal of her has been svelte--I trust you know what that means. I'm still waiting for a genuine 150# one like you're claiming. When are you going to learn, red herrings and strawmen don't work.

Stewball wrote:And LA LA Land covers most of southern California thanks to all the Pink Kryptonite from the hybrid cars in the air people keep thinking is smog. Oh, hey wait, you're not.......noooo..........it works on people too? ..............That es'plains everything.............. Bwaaaahahahahahahahahahah.

HAHAHA, are you seriously implying I'm gay, dude? The same guy whose ideal woman has the body of an 8 year-old boy; no ass, no tits, and a scrawny, gaunt, rib-showing 100-120 pounds while finding Christina Hendricks "disgusting" and "ewww" is accusing someone else of secretly being into men?!

It was a joke man, knowwhatImean....hmmmm, unless it wasn't. I think Christina has a pretty face, but it really would be disgusting to try to stuff her into a Catwoman suit. Gahhh. You sure are defensive about it. Are you dating her or something? Any port in a storm eh? She can't have a whole lot of money though.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

Stewball wrote:If you didn't want to waste your time on something so fucking stupid, then why did you do just that?

I cared enough to write a one-line derisive, dismissive post about Batman fighting Superman. I don't care enough to write a serious five paragraph analysis, complete with Wikipedia references, like you did.

Stewball wrote:It was a joke man, knowwhatImean....hmmmm, unless it wasn't. I think Christina has a pretty face, but it really would be disgusting to try to stuff her into a Catwoman suit. Gahhh.

I always laugh at how icky Stewie finds the female figure, particularly breasts and butt. Amusingly, that's one quality he has in common with most feminists; they hate the female body and all its curves, too.

Most men would find the prospect of Christina Hendricks in a tight leather suit unbelievably sexy.

Stewball wrote:You sure are defensive about it. Are you dating her or something? Any port in a storm eh? She can't have a whole lot of money though.

Hendricks is married, and I've had the same girlfriend for the last 2.5 years. Who would probably stab poor Christina to death if she got within five feet of me. (She knows how attractive I consider her)

Anyways, shouldn't you be happy I'm into curvier women? More waif-like, boyish, titless, assless female bodies for you, right? Maybe Stewie is just despondent because his muse Mila Kunis is together with Ashton Kutcher and they already have a child together? Don't worry, though; I'm sure there are plenty of others to take her place!

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

If this is boyish, titless and assless.....

......then I'm queer as a $3 bill.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

Stewie, you must suffer constant amnesia when it comes to the concept of air-brushing. I looked up the source of that photo, and it was promotional material released in advance of the movie. A professionally done, heavily Photoshop-edited picture. There is also speculation by media sources that it is "an animated composite".

Hathaway, even while shooting the movie, looked absolutely nothing like that in real life. That being said, even WITH the air-brushing, she has no ass at all in that shot.

As for her breasts and overall body, here is what it actually looked like;

Notice the boobs appear to be at least a cup size (or two) smaller, and she is as flat as a plank.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

ShogunRua wrote:Notice the boobs appear to be at least a cup size (or two) smaller, and she is as flat as a plank.

"Flat as a plank" is another of the exaggerations you've been resorting to with more regularity of late. It's all a matter of posture and hotness and above all, waistline. (Oh damn, I just bit off a knuckle.)

I feel like I'm pawing her, instead of using the time and sensitivity she deserves, but somebody's gotta do it, for her sake.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

Stewball wrote:All concerns I have as well, except maybe my opinion of Affleck isn't quite as low as yours. And to be honest, I don't think anyone has gotten Batman down as the batty loose cannon he should be. I just gotta believe there's something there for them to go ahead with this in the first place, what with these objections springing to mind almost automatically. And now they're marketing it with a full fledged and intriguing preview accompanying($$$) the Avengers a year ahead of time for a spring '16 release. On top of that, Snyder has apparently already lined up Justice League Pt.1 to be released in 2017.

Thinking on it, there are two possible ways Batman could get to Superman: Kryptonite, and Superman's emotional ties to Lois and his mother. Batman could use them (via Lex Luthor doing something he's too much of a [wuss] to do himself?) to undermine Superman's apparently growing messiah complex. I see intricate dramatic potential here, though I'm probably completely out in left field. Jus sayin'.

Thinking even more on it, I like it. If this isn't what Snyder is doing, he should be.

Ooo ooo, Jena Malone, rumored signed but no character....she could be the reincarnation or an otherwise rebooted Robin, as a girl--now or always was!!! The mind does crazy things when you take the box off of it. Or she could be Catwoman.....or both, Gah! Have they ever appeared together, not that that would matter. :roll: The great thing about comics and soap operas, you can call on the Deus ex Machina to resolve any situation.

Not being shy about pointing out when it looks like I called something right, the end of the latest preview shows Batman parrying a blow from Superman, looks like I was right on the money with the kryptonite (never really serious about him disrespecting Lois or Super's Mom).

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

.....And if you think the kryptonite was too obvious (c'mon, I'm due some credit), try this on for outside the box: What if Jenna Malone (playing Commissioner Gordon's daughter, Barbara Gordon), is actually the Commissioner's transgendered former son, who becomes Robin, Batman's main squeeze and partner. Wouldn't that make Robin a whole lot less obnoxious?

Yes, it's out there, but coming up with this stuff keeps the grey matter fresh and supple....and who knows?

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

Oh brother, it appears that's been done, more than once. To wit:

If this keeps up, it could end up being the horror movie of the decade. I trust Zack won't go down that road.

Velvet Crowe
2633 Ratings

Post by Velvet Crowe »

I think DC has an awful foundation for their film universe compared to Marvel. This film feels like it's just trying to ride on the coattails of those movies and will possibly be even worse than what they are. DC has a pretty bad record when it comes to movies without the Batman title in it as of late, and even then those movies weren't masterpieces. I don't really care for the Marvel movies and I doubt I'll find myself liking this movie either.

One thing to consider about Supes is that his power level tends to vary depending on the timeline, universe, who writes him, etc. Pre-crisis Supes was where most of his more powerful feats happened whereas post-crisis supes is still powerful but a lot more tame.

Then you get things like DCAU Supes who could easily be taken out by the American military if they put enough effort into it.

Still, even considering all of this.... not once has it been believable that Batman could even come close to beating Superman in a direct fight, and most of the time Batman is never written as such. In fact, Batman himself has admitted in numerous incarnations that he doesn't stand a fucking chance against Superman.

The whole Superman vs Batman argument has always came off to me as being really fucking stupid. Even in the comics no one thinks Batman is at all capable of killing Superman, and I don't know any comic book fan who isn't some "nerd" pretending to know anything about comics arguing otherwise.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

DrewTheDude wrote:I think DC has an awful foundation for their film universe compared to Marvel. This film feels like it's just trying to ride on the coattails of those movies and will possibly be even worse than what they are. DC has a pretty bad record when it comes to movies without the Batman title in it as of late, and even then those movies weren't masterpieces. I don't really care for the Marvel movies and I doubt I'll find myself liking this movie either.

One thing to consider about Supes is that his power level tends to vary depending on the timeline, universe, who writes him, etc. Pre-crisis Supes was where most of his more powerful feats happened whereas post-crisis supes is still powerful but a lot more tame.

Then you get things like DCAU Supes who could easily be taken out by the American military if they put enough effort into it.

Still, even considering all of this.... not once has it been believable that Batman could even come close to beating Superman in a direct fight, and most of the time Batman is never written as such. In fact, Batman himself has admitted in numerous incarnations that he doesn't stand a fucking chance against Superman.

The whole Superman vs Batman argument has always came off to me as being really fucking stupid. Even in the comics no one thinks Batman is at all capable of killing Superman, and I don't know any comic book fan who isn't some "nerd" pretending to know anything about comics arguing otherwise.

Well, when you come right down to it, the entire super-hero genre is stupid unless you approach it as the rainbow of unicorn fantasy it is--and the DC vs Marvel shtick boggles the mind. Still, like any fantasy, if it's approached right (something I don't want to think too deeply about), moral lessons can be learned and fun had by all, at least until you put the comic book down or walk out of the theater. Even horror freaks don't take themselves as seriously as super-hero fans do. Time for a reality check.

But I gotta ask, if you're arguing that Batman is no match for Superman, due to Superman's (admittedly irrational) superhuman powers, how then can you dismiss his well known superhuman Achilles Heel, kryptonite? In any case, I like Zack Snyder, and the preview makes it look like he'll be supplying a good deal of the aforementioned, mostly brain dead, fun--and Ironman/Marvel certainly isn't locked out of that category either, IMNTBHO.