"Captain America: Civil War"

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
Stewball
2188 Ratings
Your TCI: na

"Captain America: Civil War"

Post by Stewball »

The story is just too busy, with improbable action and a premise really out in left field pitting superheroes against each other (second or third blockbuster to do so) because collateral damage is just unacceptable. And apparently the industry is listening to all the complaints about masking the action with shaky-cam so they're pretty much doing that now with stutter-shutter. Yeah, so much better. Due to taking itself so seriously, it really put a strangle-hold on the humor, which thankfully Paul Rudd/Ant Man provided in a much needed, albeit limited, transfusion. That and the up-quality ending kept it from being a total yawner--pre- and early pubescent applause notwithstanding. 6/10

bowfinger
2839 Ratings

Re: "Captain America: Civil War"

Post by bowfinger »

I think it's kind of hard to miss, but there was a comprehensive full review posted less than 24 hours ago with the, and for the, same title:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5779

So, why start a new, redundant thread that is made up of a stub, which is barely longer than your mini-review?

Why not just share your opinions on the existing topic, if that is your purpose, to share?

What would the forum look like if everyone just started new topics for the same movie? There would be thousands of topics for any given movie, and it would defeat the purpose of having a forum, no? Cos we already have thousands of entries for any given movie, called mini reviews, why redo that?

For the record, I'm not trying to start a discussion, I just don't understand.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Re: "Captain America: Civil War"

Post by Stewball »

Dear Mister Hall Monitor, since you don't want to start a discussion (which would be the quickest way to get an answer you don't want anyway), you're gonna have to serve me with a subpoena for me to supply you with a clue. Have a nice day.