Bizarrely specific bug?

Share your Criticker Collections with the rest of the community!
cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Bizarrely specific bug?

Post by cagedwisdom »

When deleting DVDs from a collection (which, by the way, it seems impossible to do with the collection private), I cannot for the life of me delete the 1960 Ocean's Eleven. I added a few other films by mistake, and deleted them by making the collection public and going into the moderation page, but Ocean's Eleven WILL NOT GO AWAY. I click remove, but nothing at all happens.
God. :x

Anyone else have problems deleting a film..? Or is it just me?

MmzHrrdb

Re: Bizarrely specific bug?

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Update: I had the same problem, but i think i've found a solution to delete a film with quotes ("Ocean's Eleven"; "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"; etc.). Copy the link in the "Remove" link, post it in the address bar, remove the quote in the name of the film and press enter. :)
Last edited by MmzHrrdb on Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

It's probably a SQL thing. The single quote is used to begin and end text strings in SQL, so if you want to actually use a single quote inside a text string, it has to be specially handled. Should be easy to fix.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

This was a javascript thing... similar to the SQL quote problems we (too) often encounter.

It's been fixed now... let me know if it continues to be a problem!

cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

Thanks, I was able to remove the film in question so it seems like it's been fixed. :)