Forgotten Sergio Leone script, "In the Dead West" to be next

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Dominoes1992
594 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Forgotten Sergio Leone script, "In the Dead West" to be next

Post by Dominoes1992 »

Tarantino film.

Aw yeah. It's about three men, a strange lawman from the city, a violent, but intelligent drifter and a wise, former outlaw. They are all hunting each other for reasons unknown. Edward Norton and Christian Bale are top considerations and a score by Ennio Morricone.

Edit: Should have mentioned, the script is not complete. It is pretty much done, but will be finished up by NOT only Tarantino, but Paul Schrader. Masterpiece in the making?
Last edited by Dominoes1992 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Re: Forgotten Sergio Leone script, "In the Dead West" to be next

Post by ShogunRua »

Wrong forum (should be in "Movie Specific"), but interesting information nonetheless, thanks. I think QT kind of sucks (3 good films, one of which was blatantly plagiarized, and 5 shitty ones), but hey, at least it has a chance of quality, unlike the vast majority of films today, whose target audience is the 8 year-old, physically or mentally.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

ShogunRua wrote:Wrong forum (should be in "Movie Specific"), but interesting information nonetheless, thanks. I think QT kind of sucks (3 good films, one of which was blatantly plagiarized, and 5 shitty ones), but hey, at least it has a chance of quality, unlike the vast majority of films today, whose target audience is the 8 year-old, physically or mentally.

OK, you gotta drop the other shoe, which is which?

This new one sounds like it has an interesting premise.

I liked Pulp Fiction & Inglorious Basterds best, and dammit, I thought Death Proof was really good.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

Stewball wrote:
ShogunRua wrote:Wrong forum (should be in "Movie Specific"), but interesting information nonetheless, thanks. I think QT kind of sucks (3 good films, one of which was blatantly plagiarized, and 5 shitty ones), but hey, at least it has a chance of quality, unlike the vast majority of films today, whose target audience is the 8 year-old, physically or mentally.

Huh? What do you mean?

Stewball wrote:I thought Death Proof was really good.

You were the only one.

Mentaculus
3438 Ratings

Post by Mentaculus »

ShogunRua wrote:
Stewball wrote:

Huh? What do you mean?

Stewball wrote:I thought Death Proof was really good.

You were the only one.

Actually, he's not the only one. I thought Death Proof was excellent too.

I am intrigued by the project, especially because Tarantino didn't write it. If you don't like his films because of his trademark dialogue, this could be a winner. Personally, I think his filmmaking is vastly superior to quite a lot of directors working today and this news is exciting.

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

Tarantino shooting a Leone script should be amazing, but it definitely has stinker-potential. I am a bit of a Tarantino fanboy though...Death Proof is my least favorite of his films, but I still gave it 7/10. :D

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

jacobb1313 wrote:Actually, he's not the only one. I thought Death Proof was excellent too.

Fine, two people. The movie was still absolute garbage, and I'm amazed even the most ardent QT fan can feasibly defend it.

jacobb1313 wrote:I am intrigued by the project, especially because Tarantino didn't write it.

Tarantino is actually a good writer; not his dialogue so much as his creative ideas, the way he sets up a scene, and notes the little details. I've read his original scripts, and besides the 2nd and 3rd grade level misspellings, they were definitely among the top 10% I have encountered.

KGB
1335 Ratings

Post by KGB »

I have seen everything he has done until Death Proof (not included), and I'm not ashamed of saying the guy's a genius. One of the greatest, most dedicated and original directors in Hollywood today. And I'm no fanboy. I'm not in a hurry to see Grindhouse or 'Inglorious Bastards' though, and I don't have my expectations very high for it either.

Still, Tarantino doing Leone should be quite awesome, there's just too much for the guy to work on. And don't forget, his next project after that is 'Kill Bill 3'.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

KGB wrote: I'm not in a hurry to see Grindhouse or 'Inglorious Bastards' though, and I don't have my expectations very high for it either.

You should be in a hurry to watch "Inglorious Basterds", considering it's Tarantino's best work, and a truly excellent movie. And you should watch Grindhouse because Rodriguez's "Planet Terror" is terrific and the fake trailers are hilarious.

And don't forget, his next project after that is 'Kill Bill 3'.

I almost threw up reading that. Fuck that is going to be awful.

Scottathon
2357 Ratings

Post by Scottathon »

I love Death Proof.

Anyway, it'll likely be at least good, but I would much rather see him direct one his own scripts. Jackie Brown is my least favourite film of his, and I think that a big chunk of why it isn't as good as his others is that it is based on a novel.