something that really bugs me.

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Jellysauce
1125 Ratings
Your TCI: na

something that really bugs me.

Post by Jellysauce »

i hate it when people on criticker all across the board give a movie like 90's or something (for example) and then like someone gives it a 10 and then follow that with out writing a review. what kind of crap is that? i think you should give some reasoning why you hate something. oh well.

Grit
799 Ratings

Re: something that really bugs me.

Post by Grit »

I just ignore anything that looks "anomalous" like that when there isn't a reason given to back it up.
I agree that if you are going to have a different opinion from the majority by all means that is fine, maybe even a good thing, but it does often need just a little explanation to go with it.

coffee
2376 Ratings

Post by coffee »

I have a friend who'd given 10/100 to "A Clockwork Orange". I asked her "WHY?!!" She said that the movie was too cruel to enjoy. I don't care what others gave anymore. :)

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

With films like V for Vendetta, Carlito's Way, The Rock... I don't think I could get through to the people who enjoy these films.

KGB
1335 Ratings

Post by KGB »

Too cruel to enjoy? Your friend must be blind. Kubrick's perfectionism perfectly make the violence be fascinating, atractive, beautiful, almost makes you feel guilty; it takes out a whole new concept. The only one who ever had the balls to make a film and get near to this side of the film (which is only one of it's many sides) is that Michael Hanke (I think that's how you spell it), that directed 'Funny Games' and lately re-released it in an english version with famous actors, following the exact same script.
I haven't seen the film yet, but what I've heard of it describes perfectly the hipocracy of saying 'A Clockwork Orange' is too cruel to enjoy, and then watching a Tarantino film.