Films you really really want to see!

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
NathanDarko
4244 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Films you really really want to see!

Post by NathanDarko »

HorrorMaster wrote:"Vertigo" (1958)
"The Girl Who Knew Too Much" (1963)
"Blood and Black Lace" (1964)
"Twitch of the Death Nerve" (1971) (most anticipated film)
"Inferno" (1980)
"The Mother of Tears" (2007)

Hey Horror Master Master of Tears is so terrible and gruesome :( I´m an Aregento Fan from the first hour and believe me this one is real bad.better watch inferno that one is great :D

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

NathanDarko wrote:
HorrorMaster wrote:"Vertigo" (1958)
"The Girl Who Knew Too Much" (1963)
"Blood and Black Lace" (1964)
"Twitch of the Death Nerve" (1971) (most anticipated film)
"Inferno" (1980)
"The Mother of Tears" (2007)

Hey Horror Master Master of Tears is so terrible and gruesome :( I´m an Aregento Fan from the first hour and believe me this one is real bad.better watch inferno that one is great :D

It is? Well that's disapointing... well, I think I'll check it out anyway since it's part of the beloved "Three Mothers" trilogy which "Suspiria" is in, but I'll definitely watch "Inferno" first since it follows "Suspiria" and precedes "Mother of Tears".

NathanDarko
4244 Ratings

Post by NathanDarko »

It is? Well that's disapointing... well, I think I'll check it out anyway since it's part of the beloved "Three Mothers" trilogy which "Suspiria" is in, but I'll definitely watch "Inferno" first since it follows "Suspiria" and precedes "Mother of Tears".[/quote]

Yes believe me I was so happy, hearing that argento finaly completes the trilogy after so many years but now I wish he had never made that movie.. :-( Inferno is great Suspiria is even better and, nearbly his greatest film ever. But that´s a sad "final". Watch them and tell me ;)
:mrgreen:

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

NathanDarko wrote:It is? Well that's disapointing... well, I think I'll check it out anyway since it's part of the beloved "Three Mothers" trilogy which "Suspiria" is in, but I'll definitely watch "Inferno" first since it follows "Suspiria" and precedes "Mother of Tears".

Yes believe me I was so happy, hearing that argento finaly completes the trilogy after so many years but now I wish he had never made that movie.. :-( Inferno is great Suspiria is even better and, nearbly his greatest film ever. But that´s a sad "final". Watch them and tell me ;)
:mrgreen:[/quote]
Thanks for the recommendation and for the warning about "Mother of Tears". That sounds very unfortunate. Argento has gone downhill since the late-eighties/early-nineties I think, but I am still just as respectful of him now as I am of him in 1977 - the man is a genius and even if he put out "Troll 3" I would still have some respect left for the guy. Next I'll be wanting to see "Giallo".

I've read quite a few people putting "Inferno" down in a few places on the internet and calling it weird and the plot very silly, but then again, a lot of people say these sorts of things about all of Argento's films so I tend not to pay too much attention to what they say. Would you say this is true about "Inferno"? I can't even trust IMDb - just look at their horrible rankings for some of his excellent films. Very excited to check it out!

NathanDarko
4244 Ratings

Post by NathanDarko »

no no inferno is great I vote something in your bava / argento threads... but in that case the IMDB and other ratings aren´t wrong mother of tears is even for the greatest argento fans disppointing...there are some good splatter effects but If I want splatter I´ watching Demons from Argento. give it a try take a look and tell me what you think about ! : D

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Dying to see:

My Dinner with Andre
I Am Cuba
Last Year at Marienbad
Nights of Cabiria
Stalker
Pather Panchali
The Music Room
Shoot the Piano Player
My Life to Live
The General
Dead Ringers
Videodrome

For starters. Too many films, so little time.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Criminal5 wrote:Dying to see:

My Dinner with Andre
I Am Cuba
Last Year at Marienbad
Nights of Cabiria
Stalker
Pather Panchali
The Music Room
Shoot the Piano Player
My Life to Live
The General
Dead Ringers
Videodrome

For starters. Too many films, so little time.

This list lacks such masterpieces as Kwaidan and Blast of Silence.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

The topic is "Films you really want to see" not "Films some tool won't stop pestering you about," though.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Your taste is extremely questionable, sir.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

My taste is stellar.