Hidden Gems

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
guyincolorado5
131 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Hidden Gems

Post by guyincolorado5 »

Like so many of you I struggle to find new "good" movies or "hidden gems". I spent an hour or so rating my movies list and I can see the recommendations they make. But I am not inspired to invest the 2 hours to watch any one of them because I think Criticker's ratings & recommendations are a little suspect. So, out of my list of 140+ movies, I see 11 that I really liked that were not great box office hits or household names, but I recommend them highly -

Allied, American Made, Lawless, Morning Glory, Munich, The Other Sister, Fences, 5 to 7, Prize Winner of Defiance OH, The Grand Seduction, and Queen to Play.

Please add any "hidden gems" that you really liked, I need some new "good" movies. js

joseywales
4142 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Hidden Gems

Post by joseywales »

Looking at your list of films seen it appears that everything you've ever watched is perfect or near-perfect. Not much to go on here.

You seem to like political thrillers.

My first recommendation is a Brazilian movie called "Z". After that maybe "Battle of Algiers".