A filter for foreign films?

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
tef
1361 Ratings
Your TCI: na

A filter for foreign films?

Post by tef »

I'm going to come across as a philistine for this, but I don't want foreign films recommended to me. Or really, anything not in English. Doesn't matter what country it's made in. Can we get some way of filtering the recommendations list, the recommendations page, etc. to filter out foreign films?

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Re: A filter for foreign films?

Post by Pickpocket »

epiphany
0 Ratings

Post by epiphany »

mpowell, this should be very very very low on the long feature request list of yours.

tef
1361 Ratings

Post by tef »

Depending how many attributes each film has, it could be a very very simple thing to implement. In truth I speak 5 languages, so I'm fine with film recommendations in those languages as I will watch them. But if the shit is in Turkish or something...it's less likely.

HonoraryCiti
205 Ratings

Post by HonoraryCiti »

tef wrote:Depending how many attributes each film has, it could be a very very simple thing to implement. In truth I speak 5 languages, so I'm fine with film recommendations in those languages as I will watch them. But if the shit is in Turkish or something...it's less likely.

Yes, I must concur, while I certainly don't claim to be a programmer, it shouldn't be difficult to be able to include a filter by country.

Dorkovsky
42457 Ratings

Post by Dorkovsky »

Basically all your asking for is better and more search/browsing capabilities? Like the ability to browse movies by all except [insert english speaking countries here]? That'd be cool, to be able to look at your ratings by continent as opposed to country :)