Rating & Run Time

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
AlexDourm
2458 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Rating & Run Time

Post by AlexDourm »

I was thinking that either of these could be handy on a movie's profile page. I don't concern myself with a movie's age rating usually but sometimes whether a film is R or PG13 (for example) will influence whether I watch it or something else instead. Maybe the present mood calls for it, or perhaps the rating doesn't jive with what is expected of the film's tone or subject matter. I'm unsure how much it applies to Criticker but there is of course also the "is it a good idea for my 6 year old niece to watch this" side of things. As for a movie's run time it would be useful in identifying Shorts, and films that are exceptionally long, at a glance.

Not really a request, only sharing a thought. The imdb link has me covered on both these counts, I personally appreciate it just for that. I realise there are different length cuts and rating systems as well, but if there is enough interest there is probably a decent enough solution.
8-)

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: Rating & Run Time

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for the suggestion! These are actually both pieces of information we plan on including, at some point. Hopefully we'll get to it soon.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

Good suggestion. Both pieces of information would be useful, but I'm especially interested in the runtimes. It would be cool to search for movies that are less than 90 minutes and those that are over 3 hours, depending on one's mood.

JooJoo
6164 Ratings

Post by JooJoo »

ShogunRua wrote:Good suggestion. Both pieces of information would be useful, but I'm especially interested in the runtimes. It would be cool to search for movies that are less than 90 minutes and those that are over 3 hours, depending on one's mood.

Interesting choice of words here since there's actually a collection for both of these options.

90 minutes or less
Over 3 hours

Although, having this as a feature would make it more comprehensive so I'd be down with this.

Minor nitpick moment on this topic - I've always had a problem with the legitimacy of run times due to the varying length of credits, which are always included, and I always felt discredited the official run times of movies overall. With the exception of a good gag reel on a comedy or the rare musical choice, I never sit through more than a minute of a credit sequence unless it's a theater viewing.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

JooJoo wrote:
ShogunRua wrote:Good suggestion. Both pieces of information would be useful, but I'm especially interested in the runtimes. It would be cool to search for movies that are less than 90 minutes and those that are over 3 hours, depending on one's mood.

Interesting choice of words here since there's actually a collection for both of these options.

90 minutes or less
Over 3 hours

Thanks!

JooJoo wrote:Minor nitpick moment on this topic - I've always had a problem with the legitimacy of run times due to the varying length of credits, which are always included, and I always felt discredited the official run times of movies overall. With the exception of a good gag reel on a comedy or the rare musical choice, I never sit through more than a minute of a credit sequence unless it's a theater viewing.

There's this, and additionally, many movies have multiple cuts/versions, with some varying significantly in length.

Ric
1528 Ratings

Post by Ric »

I'm also interested in having this information displayed on film pages