Guess the movie from the image

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
rklenseth
11520 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Guess the movie from the image

Post by rklenseth »

Is it "Blood Simple" (1984)? I can't remember if Emmet Walsh's character had his fingers in a splint although he did take a pretty bad beating at one point but that appears to be the same gun he brandishes throughout the film. The picture for me immediately brings to mind that film as well although it has been years since I've seen it.

JSchlansky
4295 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

It is Blood SImple. It's actually Dan Hedaya's character holding the gun, not Emmet Walsh's

rklenseth
11520 Ratings

Post by rklenseth »

Let's try this...
Attachments
movie1.png
movie1.png (214.05 KiB) Viewed 1422 times

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

Props for an image that resembles a Peter Bruegel painting.

rklenseth
11520 Ratings

Post by rklenseth »

Well, I can't take credit for that. The film takes place in the same time period that Pieter Bruegel would have been alive so I think the props should go to the film's art department. Also, I forgot to mention, this film does go by two names. It is a British film that I believe went by one name that made sense to Europeans and then it was changed to appeal to Americans when it was brought over to the States. I'll take either name to be fair.

Also, first non-picture hint to jog anyone's memory. The pig is central to the plot.

Jorg
4371 Ratings

Post by Jorg »

This thread is kind of ruined by the 'search for image' feature which gives people the answer with 1 click :cry:

snallygaster
1646 Ratings

Post by snallygaster »

Generally we trust in the honour system. It's not like we're competing to get into Harvard or something.

MacSwell
2726 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

For that reason, I screenshot during a movie, upload to Photobucket and then post. No way of Google searching that way.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

I only just found out about 'search for this image' today from Jorg's post. I primarily use IE which doesn't seem to have that. Having tried it, it's amazingly powerful. It even best guess matches images that it doesn't know about. Case in point, here's my last image ...

http://tinyurl.com/or36h6u

Like Maaxwell, I manually screen capture and then upload the image directly to Criticker and I would have thought this would rule out the chance of something like this occurring. It seems it can only do it if a very similar image already exists in it's database, but it's still spooky how powerful it is.

rklenseth
11520 Ratings

Post by rklenseth »

Wow, I just tested it with the picture I just used and it immediately gave me the answer. And I had to kind of dig deep to find this image as I was looking for the particular scene that I wanted. Oh well, here is another picture...
Attachments
movie2.jpg
movie2.jpg (32.77 KiB) Viewed 1112 times