Are there still a lot of people who haven't switched from Tiers to Percentiles?

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
movieboy
1169 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Are there still a lot of people who haven't switched from Tiers to Percentiles?

Post by movieboy »

Even though it's 5 years since the Percentiles Option was introduced, I never switched to. I think it's my general resistance to change in life.

- Are there still many who haven't switched?
- Are there people who changed but didn't like it & changed back (assuming it's allowed to change back)?
- Are there people who changed & feel it's far better & they don't want to go back to Tiers under any condition?

td888
3960 Ratings

Re: Are there still a lot of people who haven't switched from Tiers to Percentiles?

Post by td888 »

I'm curious as well. I haven't changed to percentages either, basically for the same reasons.

I wonder about other users experience with the percentages.

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Re: Are there still a lot of people who haven't switched from Tiers to Percentiles?

Post by CosmicMonkey »

I don't think I would switch back. The increased granularity definitely makes for more accurate recommendations in my opinion.

AFlickering
3010 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

maybe there's something *tidier* about the tier system, so i understand a certain type of OCD user wanting to stick. personally i changed immediately and haven't regretted it, it improves accuracy and has no downside for me.

tawdrykid
1184 Ratings

Post by tawdrykid »

Do new users have the ability to access the old tiers system? I (one month old account) poked around and couldn't see any way to get at it.

movieboy
1169 Ratings

Post by movieboy »

AFlickering wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:27 pm
maybe there's something *tidier* about the tier system
Since I have not experienced the Percentile system, I wouldn't know if the Tier system is tidier or not.

prowler
941 Ratings

Post by prowler »

i resisted the change for many years, then took the plunge and i now regret it. the reasons have to do with legibility mainly:

- percentiles are too granular, the out-of-10 resolution of the tiers is just right for me, especially at a glance
- when they're printed right next to the given scores, that amounts to two similar-looking large numbers, which my ageing brain finds confusing

tiers are superior in every way, let me switch back PLEASE

prowler
941 Ratings

Post by prowler »

CosmicMonkey wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:44 pm
The increased granularity definitely makes for more accurate recommendations in my opinion.
the recommendation system is exactly the same iirc, the difference is strictly in what information is shown in the UI

movieboy
1169 Ratings

Post by movieboy »

Never tried percentiles ever.

Creator
482 Ratings

Post by Creator »

i joined at 2019 what u guys talking about can someone enlighten me?