Walk On Water
Walk-On-Water

Walk On Water

2004
Drama, Suspense/Thriller
A colorful and very contemporary road movie that takes its characters around Israel and later to Berlin. This unique movie, is a non traditional attempt to understand the role that is still played by the past in the lives of Israeli and German young people. (IDP Films)
Amazon Prime VideoApple TVTubi TVKanopyPlexPlex Player

A well meaning but horribly disjointed film. The main plot points make little sence. A seeming homosexual romance goes nowhere and a heterosexual romance blossom from no where, a female character that the male lead met for all of 5 minutes in the story bears his child in the conclusion with no explanation what so ever. This film trys very hard to tell a moving story of redepmtion and falls short.
Despite the "teeming amount of contraversary" that in my mind was barely existent. This was all in all a pretty boring uneventful film.
"Despite the possibly over-optimistic ending, this is moving, interesting and compelling viewing with superb performances."
"In Eytan Fox's Walk on Water, the Sea of Galilee is paved with good intentions." - Ed Gonzalez
Reminded me of the time I was consuming art in order to feel, and not in order to gain some sort of meaning. The feelings were the meaning, and Eytan Fox definitely know how to make me feel. If he were to be my boyfriend I would have probably killed myself after a year or two. but ah, What a wonderful suicide could have it been.

Poster supplied bykgbKGB