Your Highness?

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
ayall
1652 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Your Highness?

Post by ayall »

Someone sent me this link..

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/11/17/yo ... er?show=HD

could be promising.

mery
97 Ratings

Re: Your Highness?

Post by mery »

You will have to wait until April 2011 for it. Ya, it sounds promising to me because I think they are going to market it towards women based on the description.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

Someone posted this on another forum I frequent, and here is what I wrote on Wednesday;

"That trailer looks fucking awful. Moreover, when did everyone decide to start casting Danny McBride as the lead in their films? He's an okay supporting actor, but as a comic lead, he is more one-dimensional than Will Ferrell, and has become annoying and unfunny much faster.

That retard English accent he is attempting only makes it worse. The only two amusing parts both belonged to the villain; he was pretty good. The rest sucked."

merry wrote:Ya, it sounds promising to me because I think they are going to market it towards women based on the description.

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

mery
97 Ratings

Post by mery »

^ Could you please stop changing the spelling of my name when you quote me, thanks! :P

Actually I do know what I'm talking about. Since this movie has not been released yet and I'm sure is either in the edit stage or they are still working on scenes, it may become more geared towards women. If you look at the description, it could go either way.

Sidenote: Maybe by post 100 or so, I will start making more sense to you. ;)

But I do think it won't be that good. Remember Bothers Grimm? That sucked big time!!!! Same type of adventure quest with two lead actors.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

mery wrote:Actually I do know what I'm talking about. Since this movie has not been released yet and I'm sure is either in the edit stage or they are still working on scenes, it may become more geared towards women. If you look at the description, it could go either way.

The film has an exact weekend release date, and ayall's link was the official green-band trailer. In other words, they're not "working on" anything, even post production; they already have the final cut.

As for the "geared towards women" part, it's a standard R-rated, heavy theater saturation, blockbuster comedy.

There is no gearing it towards anyone; they expect to hit all the demographics (the terms is "hitting all four of the quadrants"). Which is one reason why it looks so generic and crappy.

mery
97 Ratings

Post by mery »

I guess I will bow to your expertise in this field and wait until it's released. I'm sure I will like very much since I enjoy blockbusters as much as art films.

thanks for fixing my name - I appreciate it. :)

theficionado
1908 Ratings

Post by theficionado »

What in the name of holy fuck is David Gordon Green doing?

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

theficionado wrote:What in the name of holy fuck is David Gordon Green doing?

He needs the money? I won't judge him too harshly for that; ever since I saw an interview with Sidney Lumet, my favorite director, admitting that he has done certain pictures for the money, I realize it's just a fact of the business. Hell, even Orson Welles did animated voice work and acting for lame movies to finance his lifestyle and own pictures.

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

good god i fucking hate danny mcbride

ayall
1652 Ratings

Post by ayall »

I've really been liking Danny McBridge, AND YES - HE IS LIKE WILL FERRELL!!
Besides, he's not exactly "the lead," he shares the lead with James Franco (who i liked in Freaks & Geeks, but haven't seen him do anything great since).

Anyway, Danny's been doing n fantastic job with Easbound & Down, and i hear he was really good in "Foot Fist Way" (on my list to watch).

I think this movie could be funny.