Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
Jellysauce
1125 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Post by Jellysauce »

ok as you all know the new one came out recently.

lets discuss it.

i did enjoy it. gave it an 85. i didn't come in thinking it was going to be anything amazing. certainly i didn't think it was going to be better than raiders of the lost ark but i did in the end think it was better than the temple of doom.

what do you guys think?

Filligan
1576 Ratings

Re: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Post by Filligan »

Freaky. I gave it an 85 too. Weakest of the series, but it was fun.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

What did you all think of the actors? I thought Cate Blanchett was awesome, Shia LeBeouf was promising (his action scene on the car was great), and Harrison Ford looked ... old. His acting was one of the worst parts of the movie for me, and I normally love him.

I know he did most of his own stunts, but maybe he shouldn't have. You could tell a creaky old man was doing them.

Will they be continuing the series with LeBeouf? It seems like a given, but I haven't heard any official statements.

cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

I enjoyed it. I found the whole sci-fi element to be completely unnecessary though. John Hurt and Cate Blanchett were good. Karen Allen and Harrison Ford.. far too old, but good to see Karen Allen again. Loved her ever since I saw Animal House ages ago. I gave it a 67. Weakest of the series, but I still enjoyed it. That fridge scene was off the hook though. I mean, come on.

As a side note, I proudly count myself amongst those few who realize that Temple of Doom is easily the best Indy film. :P Love them all though. Last Crusade is pretty excellent too.

td888
3959 Ratings

Post by td888 »

Just saw the movie. In general I liked it. It's like seeing an old friend again and enjoying a night out talking about the good old times. But afterwards your realize those good old times are over and there's a reason they're in the past... I didn't like the scifi-element too much either, I saw it coming from the moment I saw the doors of the army-base (a big "51" is printed on it...). I hope they don't continue the series with LeBeouf. He's not the kind of person/actor to carry the legacy in my opinion. It looks like the studio doesn't know it either, otherwise in the end-scene he would have picked up the hat and wear it himself.

vincente
394 Ratings

Post by vincente »

Any comments on the Monkey/Tarzan scene? What was that about?

td888
3959 Ratings

Post by td888 »

vincente wrote:Any comments on the Monkey/Tarzan scene? What was that about?

Hahaha, actually it made me laugh quite loud for the silliness of it.

What I didn't understand was the 'cry' scene in the monastery/cell (how and why did they get there, I missed something?). They needed proof LeBeouf could act having tears in his eyes?

coffee
2376 Ratings

Post by coffee »

I gave
Last edited by coffee on Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grit
799 Ratings

Post by Grit »

I've only skimmed over this thread as to avoid catching any spoilers, but I might be going to see it tomorrow night. My PSI is surprisingly low for The Crystal Skull however, but I've still got high hopes even if it looks like they may be let down a little. Seeing as I loved the previous films, I should find it good fun though.

Jellysauce
1125 Ratings

Post by Jellysauce »

vincente wrote:Any comments on the Monkey/Tarzan scene? What was that about?

it was over the top but so was a lot of other things in this movie but i came to accept it and it didn't bother me. i don't think the indiana jones movies have ever really been about realism so i didn't care that much. i just sat back and enjoyed the adventure.