A Full-Width Layout for Criticker, and More!

This is where you'll find information about updates to the site -- new features we've introduced, bugs we've fixed, and anything else which might be of interest to the community!
DSouza_Vasco
2166 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: A Full-Width Layout for Criticker, and More!

Post by DSouza_Vasco »

djross wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:09 am

New version: "Infinite scrolling" means that the film information moves up and off the screen as you scroll down. Note that some films have 700 or 800 reviews (The Dark Knight has 985). You have to scroll all the way back up to see the film information again.
But now there is a button to click and go all the way up

djross
5331 Ratings

Post by djross »

Moribunny wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:01 am
Most glaring of all right now, is the fact that I cannot see my own review of the movie unless I click on the rating edit button. That's highly inconvenient, because having seen over 5000 titles I often don't remember what my thoughts were about something I watched, and so I very often go to criticker to remind myself. I want my review to be smack dab in front of me when I enter the title page, just like it was in the classic version, but as in all things - the new version forces me to do extra work to get to what I once had instant access to.
Do you mean when using your phone? If so, then I think if you just grab the main part of the page you can lift it up and your review will show, and no longer be covered by that rating part at the bottom that is actually laying over it. That's how it seems on my iPhone, at any rate.

djross
5331 Ratings

Post by djross »

DSouza_Vasco wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:39 am
djross wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:09 am

New version: "Infinite scrolling" means that the film information moves up and off the screen as you scroll down. Note that some films have 700 or 800 reviews (The Dark Knight has 985). You have to scroll all the way back up to see the film information again.
But now there is a button to click and go all the way up
Am I right that that button is just on mobile?

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

On Desktop, you can click on the title's name when you're scrolled down the page, and it will bring you to the top.

djross
5331 Ratings

Post by djross »

mpowell wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:51 am
On Desktop, you can click on the title's name when you're scrolled down the page, and it will bring you to the top.
OK thanks. That does make a difference. So for me, the main thing is also a very small thing: I think if we can see all the directors, writers and actors listed without having to press a "more" button, then it will be more or less satisfactory.

djross
5331 Ratings

Post by djross »

Database loads 60 films per page in three columns, 20 per column. But currently, it lists 21 films in the first column, 21 in the second column and 18 in the third column.

djross
5331 Ratings

Post by djross »

On the Forum page, the drop menu/buttons for You, Explore and Resources are in a much smaller font than Forums and Games.

Also, the part that says my user name, how many ratings I have, and the sign out button are in the centre and beneath the "News" line, rather than on the right hand side at the top as usual on other pages.

Viewing on Safari on desktop.

DSouza_Vasco
2166 Ratings

Post by DSouza_Vasco »

In the Filmmaker List, the option to show actors/directors by number of ratings, is not working.

MTR
34 Ratings

Post by MTR »

I seem to be unable to find this essential button anymore.

djross
5331 Ratings

Post by djross »

On the Forum page, the search box at the top of the page for Film/TV etc. doesn't propose titles after one begins typing in a title.