Guess the movie from the image

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
snallygaster
1646 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Guess the movie from the image

Post by snallygaster »

Mary Stuart Masterson? + Christopher Walken? = ...? Sounds like something lots of people would know, but I'm not one of them.

Jerky
6163 Ratings

Post by Jerky »

Bojangles
2727 Ratings

Post by Bojangles »

At Close Range

I think there are only three or four of us playing the game at this point.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

Bojangles wrote:At Close Range

I think there are only three or four of us playing the game at this point.

I drop in every now and then, but am mostly clueless about the film in question.

td888
3959 Ratings

Post by td888 »

ShogunRua wrote:I drop in every now and then, but am mostly clueless about the film in question.

Same here.

bowfinger
2841 Ratings

Post by bowfinger »

I follow the thread quite regularly, at least weekly, if not daily, but I think the type of movies asked, and/or the frequency, and/or the quality of the hints posted needs to be improved. The last question I liked, and I wished I guessed, was The Game.

Here is what I mean: Don't get me wrong, but what's the point of posting three portrait images of three actors from the same movie (unless there is a twist) as in the last question? By the time we saw Walken the answer was just a few clicks away, and I personally found it without having seen the movie, but it wasn't fun so I didn't bother posting the answer.

I think to make this thread fun, the questions need to be from movies that appeal to general audiences (and say, not just a certain horror sub-genre), but still be quite challenging that we think we got it (instead of the iconic shot from the Matrix that was asked quite recently, perhaps the cat that caused the dejavu for Neo, or something in that vein?).

And whatever the question is, I think a new hint every 24 hrs and the answer within a week rule would definitely get this thread back on track. Personally, whenever I asked the question that was what I did, regardless of whether the images generated guesses or not.

Just my two cents.

mattorama12
3096 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

bercutio wrote:I follow the thread quite regularly, at least weekly, if not daily, but I think the type of movies asked, and/or the frequency, and/or the quality of the hints posted needs to be improved. The last question I liked, and I wished I guessed, was The Game.

Here is what I mean: Don't get me wrong, but what's the point of posting three portrait images of three actors from the same movie (unless there is a twist) as in the last question? By the time we saw Walken the answer was just a few clicks away, and I personally found it without having seen the movie, but it wasn't fun so I didn't bother posting the answer.

I think to make this thread fun, the questions need to be from movies that appeal to general audiences (and say, not just a certain horror sub-genre), but still be quite challenging that we think we got it (instead of the iconic shot from the Matrix that was asked quite recently, perhaps the cat that caused the dejavu for Neo, or something in that vein?).

And whatever the question is, I think a new hint every 24 hrs and the answer within a week rule would definitely get this thread back on track. Personally, whenever I asked the question that was what I did, regardless of whether the images generated guesses or not.

Just my two cents.

Completely agree with everything here except the last bit about imposing rules.

Jerky
6163 Ratings

Post by Jerky »

I made the last one easy on purpose, so that new players could chime in and post. In the future I'll just post close ups of actors irises, making it impossible ;)

You're up Bojangles

Bojangles
2727 Ratings

Post by Bojangles »

I posted the iconic Matrix shot to amuse myself and make a passive aggressive point. I don't like when people post screens from obscure movies, so I did the easiest possible one I could think of.

I think the game is at its best when people post lesser known shots of well known movies. But that's just my opinion.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Bojangles wrote:I think the game is at its best when people post lesser known shots of well known movies.

I totally agree; that's what I had in mind when I selected shots from Jerry Maguire. Incidentally, I'll guess that your shot is from More American Graffiti (an obscure movie, to be sure, but it was my gut reaction).