Crticker MOM - August 09

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Gregzilla
2123 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Crticker MOM - August 09

Post by Gregzilla »

2 more movies for your viewing pleasure

Akitsu Springs (1962)

Directed By: Yoshishige Yoshida
Written By: Yoshishige Yoshida, Shinya Fujiwara
Starring: Shigeru Kôyama, Sumiko Hidaka, Mariko Okada, Asao Koike, Hiroyuki Nagato, Kojiro Kusanagi

Criticker: 3 ratings
Collections: None

Synopsis:A man travels to Akitsu Springs to die, only to be nursed to health by a young woman who works at the springs. The film follows their lives through the years as the man leaves, grows, and marries, but never stops coming back to Akitsu Springs.

Awards: Kinema Junpo Award - Best Actress Mariko Okada (1963)
Mainichi Film Concours - Best Actress Mariko Okada (1963)

IMDB User Coments

Akitsu onsen" is one of the real and the best masterpiece in the history of Japanese cinema. It is not a lie. This is a little story on love affairs of a couple, and on an end of the love, and, on an endless love between 17 years until the death of a woman. We movie fan must see this film. There are not only Akira Kurosawa and Yasujiro Ozu in Japan. The director, Yoshishige Yoshida, explained in this sweet and bitter melodrama that all the trials for the democracy in Japan after the World War II had not succeeded at all.

Yoshida was one of the great directors in Japan, but until now, he would never make the films like as "Akitsu onsen". His work became more radical year by year after he departed from Shochiku Ofuna Studio.
-Deki Gokoro

Where to obtain:
Karagara,FSSeeders

Gregzilla
2123 Ratings

Re: Crticker MOM - August 09

Post by Gregzilla »

Movie 2:

KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park (1978)

Directed By: Gordon Hessler
Written By: Jan Michael Sherman, Don Buday
Starring: Anthony Zerbe, Carmine Caridi, Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Peter Criss, Ace Frehley

Criticker: 11 ratings
Collections:B-Movie (public: moderated by Spunkie), Psychotronic Film and Video Guides (public: moderated by Gregzilla)

Synopsis: The tale of rock band KISS and their efforts to thwart a diabolical plan by mad scientist Abner Devereaux. Devereaux has found a way to clone humans into robots in his laboratory at an amusement park. It just so happens that he plans to uses the KISS concert as a platform to unleash his plan on the world. KISS must use their special powers to stop him.
Awards: None

Reviews:"If you're looking for an incredibly well-written film, this isn't it. But it is an incredibly fun film with some really awesome stock footage of KISS concerts from the 70s." -graftonjjh

"One of those movies where you can't believe what you're seeing, and can't believe that you're sitting there watching it. Pretty high camp, actually. A guilty pleasure." -Freder

"This movie is so badly written, so badly directed and the acting is horrible. Who cares...it's the hottest band in the world...KISS!" -voggis

"If you a fan of Kiss and have a sense of humor then this is the movie for you! if not this movie constantly doesnt make sense, has one of the worst scrips, story and acting I have ever seen. With a budget of 3 million dollars I wonder myself where did all the money get put into. But who cares in the end because its Kiss, the hottest band in the world!!' -unne

Where To Obtain:
Amazon, Karagara, Netflix, BTJunkie, Mininova

KAH
1636 Ratings

Post by KAH »

I'm looking forward to Akitsu, it looks interesting. As for the Kiss movie, well, perhaps I will se that one as well. The tree songs listed on the cover are probably the worst of their popular songs though. Anyway, that picture of Gene Simmons in hood and all is tempting.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

I didn't take to Akitsu. Painfully melodramatic in almost every way except the cinematography - the film is pretty.

It's like a long, depressed game of kiss-chase. Although you'll find more mature characters at a kindergarten.

No reproach toward edkrak. He wasn't to know.

I gave the film a 29(T1), which seems harsh, but the film was pretty much an affront to good taste.

I liked part of one scene - it's about 20 seconds long, where the wife displays the film's only conviction. It wasn't much, but that bit of over-acting was like a huge weight on the positive side of the scales. I like it when I give a damn about a character.

Melvin Smif
1132 Ratings

Post by Melvin Smif »

I just suggested the purchase of "Akitsu Springs" from my Library, who has a huge variety of great films you won't find anywhere else yet seems to never carry the Criticker MOM. I'm looking forward to it.

KGB
1335 Ratings

Post by KGB »

Where did you people download Akitsu Springs outside Karagarga? I can't find it anywhere and I have no fucking idea what FSSeeders is.

edkrak
3747 Ratings

Post by edkrak »

If you're ok with rs links try http://www.surrealmoviez.info

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

KGB wrote:Where did you people download Akitsu Springs outside Karagarga? I can't find it anywhere and I have no fucking idea what FSSeeders is.

rs links
above link comes with dark subtitles. Nice ones.

Around 700megs. Video looked fine on my little laptop. Sound quality - not so good (drippy soundtrack anyway)

Gregzilla
2123 Ratings

Post by Gregzilla »

FSSeeders is a private tracker dedicated to Asian Films and stuff.

edkrak
3747 Ratings

Post by edkrak »

paulofilmo wrote:I didn't take to Akitsu. Painfully melodramatic in almost every way except the cinematography - the film is pretty.

It's like a long, depressed game of kiss-chase. Although you'll find more mature characters at a kindergarten.

No reproach toward edkrak. He wasn't to know.

I gave the film a 29(T1), which seems harsh, but the film was pretty much an affront to good taste.

I liked part of one scene - it's about 20 seconds long, where the wife displays the film's only conviction. It wasn't much, but that bit of over-acting was like a huge weight on the positive side of the scales. I like it when I give a damn about a character.

I've just seen it and I have to agree, this was bad. But actually it's interesting that almost every romance from the early sixties I saw recently is similar with unbelievable, paper characters (Hanyo, Jules et Jim and now this).