That IMDB account

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Quicky
786 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: That IMDB account

Post by Quicky »

Inactive users aren't useless for your PSI's, but if all of your top 1000 TCI's would be inactive, you would never be able to generate a PSI for a new movie, because those 1000 people will not have seen nor rated it. So while inactive users are certainly useful for all the films released before they became inactive, they are less useful for those that were released after.

Don't put too much weight on what I said, Luna6ix ;). I just wanted to point out that Criticker cannot generate recommendations for new movies without active users in your top 1000 TCI's.

coffee
2376 Ratings

Post by coffee »

Another problem is that his ratings aren't updated. ie Terminator Salvation now rated 7.0 on IMDB but 7.3 by him.

whatismyname
2153 Ratings

Post by whatismyname »

coffee wrote:Another problem is that his ratings aren't updated. ie Terminator Salvation now rated 7.0 on IMDB but 7.3 by him.

You can always just pm him/her when there is a discrepancy with imdb's and his/her rating, done it once or twice.

coffee
2376 Ratings

Post by coffee »

whatismyname wrote:
coffee wrote:Another problem is that his ratings aren't updated. ie Terminator Salvation now rated 7.0 on IMDB but 7.3 by him.

You can always just pm him/her when there is a discrepancy with imdb's and his/her rating, done it once or twice.

Well, I don't really care about IMDB's ratings (both).. just pointing out a problem.
Just a microscopic fun for me.. that's all. :)