What Music are you listening to right now?

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
KGB
1335 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: What Music are you listening to right now?

Post by KGB »

Ahh, I love buying fresh new albums.

Well, I don't know if it one of the best albums ever made, but it's most certainly a great one. Glam rock at it's finest, I'm not such a great fan of Bowie but when I listen to certain songs by him I wonder why really aren't I. 'Starman' is such an awesome song, perhaps even better than my current Bowie favorite, 'Space Oddity'. Bowie is the man. I feel a strong urge to see the man live. Can't help it.
I'll be on my way to watch his live performance of 'Ziggy' now. I had it lying around in my house for a while but didn't want to see it before having listened to the album at once. Now is the time.

I've always been interested in both Zappa and Captain Beefheart, but unfortunately haven't heard much by them. I only knew so far that Zappa is a weirdo and weirdos are awesome. So I bought 'Hot Rats', which includes a 9-minute track with a short vocal by Beefheart, and I was totally amazed. The man is a genius, as a producer, as a mixer, as a guitarist. He just knows how to make music sound right. And Captain Beefheart as always sounds as a drunk serial killer hobo, and it's fantastic. Prog rock at it's finest, is it prog rock really? I don't know, it's quite unique, but it sounds just perfect.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: You know what, after several listenings I changed my mind. I now say officially that 'The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars', although not exactly what I expected, might be one of the best albums ever made, and one my absolute favorites. I now officially love David Bowie and I can't stop listening to this album. Actually, same goes for 'Hot Rats'; I never imagined I would enjoy so much an avant-garde/progressive/jazz rock nearly completely instrumental album as much as I enjoyed this one. Honestly, if any of the genres I just mentioned mildly interests you, if you're not very experienced in Zappa's work, if you ARE in fact and you want to see Zappa do something different than what he did with the Mother of Invention, even if you just think that Zappa has a cool moustache so he must play the guitar fine, just get this album. Trust me.
Last edited by KGB on Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

KGB wrote:Image

Because of this, I formally apologise for unintentionally derailing your thread before. Bowie is a god.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

"Run With the Wolves" - The Prodigy - 93
"World's on Fire" - The Prodigy - 95

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Listen to Grizzly Bear's Yellow House album or gtfo.
Shrooms and this CD go hand in hand, imo.

NathanDarko
4244 Ratings

Post by NathanDarko »

After watching the new KEvin James Movie"Paul Blart" I´m hearing that soundtrack. I cant´old back by Survivor :twisted: priceless

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Camouflage - The Great Commandment

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Radicalohank wrote:

One of the best music videos ever produced :!:

Seriously, the catching the fish part always makes me laugh, funniest music video I saw

KGB
1335 Ratings

Post by KGB »

That part with the angels just blew my mind.

joseywales
4142 Ratings

Post by joseywales »

I'm on a Madlib binge lately listening to anything he's involved in. My favourites are:

The Beat Konducta Albums
Blunted in the Bombshelter
Shades of Blue
the first Quasimoto LP "The Unseen"
that new Talib Kweli and Madlib joint that was released online: "Liberation"
any Yesterday's New Quintet I can get my hands on. the tribute album to Stevie Wonder is crazy good!
and sometimes the Madvillain album, but I'm kind of burnt out on MF DOOM.

Oh, and my friend's new track:

"Only thing I'm givin out is cold shoulders"