Turner Classic Movies

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
NoSex
1988 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Turner Classic Movies

Post by NoSex »

alright, so who watches TCM?

i'm always going over the schedule telling myself, "oh i have to see that! oh, i must see that!" i always end up forgetting. i'm going to try to use this to help me remember/help me find new films. what are you guys watching and when is it on?

i have class tomorrow (the 10th), but... i might pop in a VHS for CAT PEOPLE and CURSE OF THE CAT PEOPLE. they're back to back tomorrow, in the morning.

what are you dudes watching?
Last edited by NoSex on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

MmzHrrdb

Re: Turner Classic Movies

Post by MmzHrrdb »

I love TCM. Easily the best movie channel, though IFC is a competitor. Just depends on taste I suppose. Uncut and commercial free whoo!

A couple nights ago I caught Mafioso at some wee hour in the morning. Tonight I'm thinking of watching The Money Trap, with Glenn Ford and Rita Hayworth.

JooJoo
6023 Ratings

Post by JooJoo »

I am constantly checking both TCM and encore channels (I get about 5 with the current package) - these two seem to be the only movie channels worth a damn. IFC gives me something every now and then but their scedule is way too repetitive.

thx for the heads-up on Curse of the Cat People - I'll be catching that, A Man Called Horse, & The Village of the Damned. Image

DVR ftw

NoSex
1988 Ratings

Post by NoSex »

THE TAKING OF PELHAM ONE TWO THREE is on tomorrow (er, to-)night (12/10).
if you haven't seen it, it's actually a rather good heist film. also, i do believe, fun fact: it was the primary inspiration for tarantino having his characters assume the names of colors in RESERVOIR DOGS.

Jellysauce
1125 Ratings

Post by Jellysauce »

i love the channel but i never seem to watch anything on it. i never check schedules and i always come into movies half way through or when i do decide i want to see something i always miss it because i forget or something.

NoSex
1988 Ratings

Post by NoSex »

totally watching undergound tonight:
TOWER OF EVIL (1972) & HORROR HOUSE (1969)

Luna6ix
4609 Ratings

Post by Luna6ix »

i have one of those moxi boxes, so i always look through the upcoming movies on TCM and AMC, right now i'm looking forward to "the shop around the corner" and "citizen kane" and "the enforcer". sometimes i just spend a few hours watching movies on TCM without even knowing what they're about, it makes me watch movies i would otherwise not, that's how i first came across buster keaton and now i love his movies.

Grit
799 Ratings

Post by Grit »

Used to watch it quite a bit, but after an argument with Sky which resulted in us cancelling our subscription we no longer have access to it. Good channel thoough.