Stand Up

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
Spunkie
5485 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Stand Up

Post by Spunkie »

Though it's not a major suggestion I noticed number of stand-ups and live performances are multiplying in the database. They surely fit into comedy in a way, but not the genre of comedy films. It would be nice if they had the genre segment of their own, frequently I find out a new stand-up, then notice it's already in the database and I would find it out far before if only I had the opportunity to list all of the kind. If you find the idea significant enough the genre should be called Live Performance to avoid anymore fragmentation in the future.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Re: Stand Up

Post by paulofilmo »

In and of itself, it would be a great way of finding new comics through PSIs.

Exciting stuff.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

This is another good suggestion, that will probably best be served by the coming tagging functionality (coming soon, we promise!)

There would, for instance, probably be a tag called "Stand-Up Performances", which would be just as searchable as the comedy genre is today.

Spunkie
5485 Ratings

Post by Spunkie »

Yea, tagging has some problems on its own as far as I see from last.fm, but it's still a darn good way to tend such categorization. I hope the community makes good use of that feature, soon to see :).