When submitting a poster image that is too large, the error message is wrong

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
BadCosmonaut
4422 Ratings
Your TCI: na

When submitting a poster image that is too large, the error message is wrong

Post by BadCosmonaut »

I think the current max file size for a poster image is 2 mb. When I submitted an image that was too large, the error message said the limit is 10 mb.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: When submitting a poster image that is too large, the error message is wrong

Post by mpowell »

Actually, 10mb is our new max size -- so that message is correct.

Looks like we forgot to update the information in the Title Submission form, though! I've gone ahead and updated that :)

BadCosmonaut
4422 Ratings

Re: When submitting a poster image that is too large, the error message is wrong

Post by BadCosmonaut »

Interesting, since I'm pretty sure the first image I was trying to upload was actually just over 2mb. It was no where near 10, but it gave the error message anyway. It was like a ~2mb png file which didn't work, then I saved it as jpg which was smaller and worked. If png is allowed, then it seems like that first file should have worked.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Hmmm... okay, we can check again to make sure that the limit really is 10mb. Sorry about the issue!

BadCosmonaut
4422 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

When adding a film to the database, I tried to submit a poster in .png format that was 4.48 MB in size, but the file was rejected for being over the limit of 10 MB. The film was Badland Hunters (2024). I had to resubmit it as a smaller jpg.
An error was detected in your submission.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

BadCosmonaut wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:20 pm
When adding a film to the database, I tried to submit a poster in .png format that was 4.48 MB in size, but the file was rejected for being over the limit of 10 MB. The film was Badland Hunters (2024). I had to resubmit it as a smaller jpg.

Hmmm... okay, that shouldn't be happening. Would you mind forwarding the image that was failing to support@criticker.com, so we can take a look?

BadCosmonaut
4422 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

Unfortunately I already deleted the file I tried to originally use, but I recreated my steps to make the file that caused the error and emailed it (the recreated version) to the support email you listed.

I created the file by:
  • - navigating to the IMDB page for the movie,
    - clicking into the photos section for the movie,
    - finding the image I want to use for the poster for Criticker,
    - pressing print screen,
    - opening Microsoft Paint,
    - pasting it in,
    - using the "select" tool to cut out just the poster portion of the image,
    - resizing the workspace to be small,
    - pasting the image back in so that there is nothing but the poster,
    - click save button and saving it as a .png.
My recreated version even shows the same file size as the original, 4.48MB.

BadCosmonaut
4422 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

Same error with another movie I just added. png file that is 3.43 MB or 5.00 MB. I made the file the same way as I described in my last post. I had to convert it to jpg to get it through. I emailed the file to the support email as well.