A Full-Width Layout for Criticker, and More!

This is where you'll find information about updates to the site -- new features we've introduced, bugs we've fixed, and anything else which might be of interest to the community!
Moribunny
5557 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: A Full-Width Layout for Criticker, and More!

Post by Moribunny »

MTR wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:20 am
I seem to be unable to find this essential button anymore.

Bar-none the most crucial button in all of criticker.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

djross wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:55 am
mpowell wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:51 am
On Desktop, you can click on the title's name when you're scrolled down the page, and it will bring you to the top.
OK thanks. That does make a difference. So for me, the main thing is also a very small thing: I think if we can see all the directors, writers and actors listed without having to press a "more" button, then it will be more or less satisfactory.
Awesome, that's great news! We have talked about a "User Preference" which will remember whether you want that More button expanded by default or not. We all agree it's a great idea, we just weren't able to get it in, ahead of our deadline (self-imposed, admittedly). But yeah, this is something we do plan on adding.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

DSouza_Vasco wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:17 am
In the Filmmaker List, the option to show actors/directors by number of ratings, is not working.
Thanks so much for reporting this!! Totally missed it during testing (along with a few other things, apparently gulp) but we've got it working now, I think!

emreco
3443 Ratings

Post by emreco »

There was a link to title's IMDb page in the old version. It's gone now.

EDIT: Aah!.. I have to click "More". Well, I like the old way better.
Last edited by emreco on Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

howabe
410 Ratings

Post by howabe »

Liking the new rankings list in the full-screen layout personally.

However, it seems that the new layout has omitted some salient information on the Games side of things.
Most importantly, a title's platforms aren't displayed anywhere, nor are its developper or publisher.

Not sure what the general consensus would be, but I'd be happy with these three fields being displayed at the page top where the blurb and the franchise are.

djross
5357 Ratings

Post by djross »

For me, the "Add to Collection" button on a film's page doesn't seem to be working. It says "Loading" but never loads.

Additionally, the search box on a collection's page is not giving any returns. So combined, this means that it's not currently possible to add a film to a collection.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

djross wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:41 am
Looking at the page for 2001: A Space Odyssey, and at the Collections tab, it currently states that the collection entitled "Big-time Hollywood science fiction" was last updated on "01 Jan 1970". This is false.

Also, if I go to that collection and then click on "moderate", it takes me to an error page.
I believe these problems should be fixed now! Let us know if that's not the case.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Just a quick note, thanking you all for reporting the bugs that you've found! We haven't responded individually to every forum post, but we're writing everything down and will be addressing all of the issues. Once something is fixed, we'll leave a note then.

If you find other bugs, feel free to add them here or in the Bugs forum, or send an email to support@criticker.com. We'll get them either way!

Skavau
156 Ratings

Post by Skavau »

https://i.imgur.com/VDLkP9f.png

Is there any need for "See More" to be clicked? Can there be an option to just auto-show all of the relevant data? My screen is easily big enough to house it all.

Skavau
156 Ratings

Post by Skavau »

Also search within moderating collections doesn't work right now. Nothing happens.