Inglourious Basterds

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
epiphany
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Inglourious Basterds

Post by epiphany »

Some browsing and a search show no mention of Quentin Tarantino's new film, Inglourious Basterds.

The teaser trailer just came out today on E.

Personally, as a Tarantino fan, I am extremely eager to watch the film and the trailer has only driven my expectations up with the typical Tarantino dialogue, laden with passive voice and the Hitler caricature at the end. What does the Criticker community think about this film?

MmzHrrdb

Re: Inglourious Basterds

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Quentin's last three movies have been right up my alley so I don't see any reason why "Inglorious Basterds" won't be. Haven't seen the other film of which it shares its title but may watch this when it comes out to new to weekly at Blockbuster.

epiphany wrote:Some browsing and a search show no mention of Quentin Tarantino's new film, Inglourious Basterds.

You mean on Criticker? Films aren't submitted until they've been released.

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

I'm excited for it but Pitt's accent is weird.

coffee
2376 Ratings

Post by coffee »

The film's script can be found on the internet. I've read 24-25 pages and stopped because it was amazing and I wanted to see it first at the cinema. :)

cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

I don't know much about this but I haven't really been impressed by anything Tarantino has done since the 90s. Kill Bill is just fine, but hardly as good as his earlier films. Death Proof was a pretty huge letdown in comparison with Planet Terror as well. We'll see though, this might be good.. I'll definitely go and see it at some point.

Melvin Smif
1132 Ratings

Post by Melvin Smif »

Rufflesack wrote:I don't know much about this but I haven't really been impressed by anything Tarantino has done since the 90s. Kill Bill is just fine, but hardly as good as his earlier films. Death Proof was a pretty huge letdown in comparison with Planet Terror as well. We'll see though, this might be good.. I'll definitely go and see it at some point.

Deathproof Spoiler alert
The only Tarantino movie I haven't seen is Jackie Brown, and I can't think of a single movie I haven't loved. I don't think Deathproof was a letdown at all, I'm a huge fan of Tarantino's dialouge and it featured a lot of that. The way he sets you up to care about the first set of girls in the movie then wipe them all out so abruptly was fantastic as well as hard hitting and fresh. Another reason I love it is the fact that all of those car chases were as real as they come, no CGI car chase crap. I'm really surprised at how good the cinematography was since it was Tarantino's first try at it and all.

I for one am really looking forward to Inglorious Basterds I'm sure it will make for a fun time at the theatre, just wish I didn't have to wait till August for it.

cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

Melvin Smif wrote:Deathproof Spoiler alert
The only Tarantino movie I haven't seen is Jackie Brown, and I can't think of a single movie I haven't loved. I don't think Deathproof was a letdown at all, I'm a huge fan of Tarantino's dialouge and it featured a lot of that. The way he sets you up to care about the first set of girls in the movie then wipe them all out so abruptly was fantastic as well as hard hitting and fresh. Another reason I love it is the fact that all of those car chases were as real as they come, no CGI car chase crap. I'm really surprised at how good the cinematography was since it was Tarantino's first try at it and all.

I agree with everything you say here entirely. My problem comes when, after the initial and admittedly brilliant car crash - the movie splits in two and goes in a completely new direction, introducing new characters (none of which I liked) who go on some epic revenge quest (we get it Tarantino, you like revenge quests) that is all too predictable and all too feminist. Sure, the guy is a bastard but Tarantino kinda misses the point because the first half actually managed to build up so that I actually cared about this bastard and, to be honest, wanted to see him be more of a bastard. Then suddenly he's turned into some cowardly ass who is subsequently beat up and killed by a bunch of girls so frothy at the mouth with man-hatred that it seriously brought me far, far down. Had the film ended after the first crash, it would be in my tier 10. Seriously. I just can't take the agressive form of feminism at least when it's put fourth by girls so annoying. Had the second set of girls been killed, and the first set of girls been in the second half (because they were actually likable people) I might have taken it better.

Corleone
1104 Ratings

Post by Corleone »

It promises to be awesome. The only thing missing is Michael Madsen. The guy won millions of fans just by cutting an ear - imagine what would have happened if he was given 2 hours for killing nazies. :twisted:

BrutalBrian
96 Ratings

Post by BrutalBrian »

The trailer posted to on YouTube has been pulled. Found a link to another one.

This is a movie I have been waiting years for since Tarantino said he was going to do a war film. It should be pretty spectacular. The cast looks amazing, Brad Pitt is spot on. I cannot wait to see this.

NoSex
1988 Ratings

Post by NoSex »

the conversation here on deathproof is infinitely perplexing to me. i always found the first group chatty, vain, & intolerable. whereas the second group of gals was much much more likable - funny, cool, etc. i don't see where you understand the second group as "man hating." to compare & contrast:

the first group abstains from allowing boys @ the cabin. they talk primarily of withholding sex from men. the second group encourages sexual contact with boys, scolding rosario dawson's character. clearly there is a feminist slant... but i wouldn't characterize it as "man hating."

insofar as i understood it... we're supposed to sympathize more with the second group of girls, nonetheless.

p.s. in order to stay a bit on topic: i'm greatly loooking forward to the theater experience for this. grindehouse was infinite fun.