Uwe Boll's Auschwitz

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
KGB
1335 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Uwe Boll's Auschwitz

Post by KGB »

This and this. Thoughts?

When I saw it I couldn't help but give the man his credit. I don't really care about how opportunist, innacurate (the gas chamber from the teaser looks absolutely nothing like a gas chamber) and offensively awful this is gonna be, but others will, and the fact Uwe Ball just went from making trashy videogames gore B-movies to a holocaust drama, that's just ballsy. It's like he's laughing at the entire humankind.

I hope Zygmunt Bauman doesn't hear about this. Poor fella's too old for this shit.

Dorkovsky
42485 Ratings

Re: Uwe Boll's Auschwitz

Post by Dorkovsky »

I'm won't be surprised if this ends up being one of the most universally loathed films ever made.

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

It actually looks pretty fucked up.

JooJoo
6023 Ratings

Post by JooJoo »

It looks like some 70s Naziploitation flick made for a couple hundred dollars. Pretty much what I expected.

KGB
1335 Ratings

Post by KGB »

Should be noted too, the guard in the teaser (as far as I can tell) is none other than Boll himself.

Also, it seems someone got really hooked up with nazi shenanigans.

frederic_g54
3015 Ratings

Post by frederic_g54 »

Based on the teaser, what is he trying to show us: that people stood motionless in midst of the ongoing attrocities ?

I guess you can't blame him for trying to redeem himself with serious subject matters, but IMO, this looks too exploitative for words, and the fact that he's playing the Nazi is kinda fucked up aswell (he's acting now ??? :?)

I don't think he even considers the viewer's reaction anymore, he just does as he pleases

omgfridge
2796 Ratings

Post by omgfridge »

Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer are gonna have to out do themselves to meet this high competition of terribleness.

DavidJohnson
1131 Ratings

Post by DavidJohnson »

Looks interesting. I'll watch it.