Back to the Future, one big damn plot hole

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
frederic_g54
3015 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Back to the Future, one big damn plot hole

Post by frederic_g54 »

First of all, I love this film, there, we've sorted that out :)

But I can never look past, what's to me the biggest plot hole (or definitely one of the biggest plot holes) in filmmaking history.

Marty McFly travels back in time, spends a week with his parents, but upon returning, everyone forgets he was there.

His Mom has a kid who looks exactly like him, being Marty oc !!!

cooooooommeee the f*********ck on !!!

Too bad there wasn't a scene where his mom or dad would show that they've met him before, cause it seems like they have no clue.

once again, I love this film :p,

comments are welcome oc

peace

cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings

Re: Back to the Future, one big damn plot hole

Post by cagedwisdom »

KGB, that was an incredible article, thanks for the link. :)

frederic_g54
3015 Ratings

Post by frederic_g54 »

yeah, after i'd seen Back to the Future a couple of days ago, I went on the internet and found the same site.

BTTF should be nr. 1 !!!

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

KGB wrote:http://www.cracked.com/article_16625_8-classic-movies-that-got-away-with-gaping-plot-holes.html

How are Minority Report and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban classic movies?

lol

cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

I'll give you Prizoner of Azkaban (although I did like it a lot when I was younger, so I guess it's a good children's film at the least..), but I actually really enjoyed Minority Report despite it's.. Fairly ridiculous plot. One of the few times Tom Cruise has not pissed me off, and Max Von Sydow is just great. As far as generic action/science fiction goes, I think Minority Report fares pretty well. Calling it a classic movie might be a bit of a stretch, but I think the use of that word in the title of the article was.. misguided in any case. Blockbuster movies, perhaps. "Classic" can be read as too subjective a term.

Oh, and how do you not mention Sixth Sense in that last post..? That's probably the film that strikes me least as a "classic" of all those.. It's utter pretentious predictability, that film.

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

Yoshiking wrote:I'll give you Prizoner of Azkaban (although I did like it a lot when I was younger, so I guess it's a good children's film at the least..), but I actually really enjoyed Minority Report despite it's.. Fairly ridiculous plot. One of the few times Tom Cruise has not pissed me off, and Max Von Sydow is just great. As far as generic action/science fiction goes, I think Minority Report fares pretty well. Calling it a classic movie might be a bit of a stretch, but I think the use of that word in the title of the article was.. misguided in any case. Blockbuster movies, perhaps. "Classic" can be read as too subjective a term.

Oh, and how do you not mention Sixth Sense in that last post..? That's probably the film that strikes me least as a "classic" of all those.. It's utter pretentious predictability, that film.

I could see how someone could label Sixth Sense as classic but the other 2 are nowhere close or ever will be.

frederic_g54
3015 Ratings

Post by frederic_g54 »

Pickpocket wrote: I could see how someone could label Sixth Sense as classic but the other 2 are nowhere close or ever will be.

I find it funny how I'm one of the few people who really loves this film. Like Yoshiking said, Tom Cruise doesn't piss me off in this one, plus I think it's his best performance. It's also my favorite film from Spielberg, yes, more so than Indiana Jones or Jaws (which is outdated).

Minority Report is a very smart and entertaining film, and just like Blade Runner, it's a great looking dystopian film.

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

Magnolia performance > Minority Report performance :D

Also I'm not a Tom Cruise hater. The people that hate him are usually Christians. It's like they don't realize there beliefs are just as insane and stupid.

cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

I'm actually really looking forward to watching Magnolia. I haven't actually seen it yet, but our professor has talked quite a lot about it in film lectures this year and I think there's a pretty good chance it'll be the subject of my exam in December. Guess I just haven't come across a cheap DVD of it yet, which is how I wound up watching Minority Report.

As for Cruise, I think the only reason I don't like him is The Last Samurai. That movie is just ludicrous.. But I actually like everything else I've seen him in, all the Mission Impossible films included (Yeah, I didn't hate MI:II, sue me :P). Don't like him as a person though, he's far too pretentious in interviews.