Worst Movies Ever Made

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Worst Movies Ever Made

Post by cagedwisdom »

Yeah, I read the Criticker film page synopsis/mini-reviews. I don't want to say it sounds like my kind of movie, because I really don't want that kind of movie to be my kind of movie, but it sounds like a movie I'd watch and either get some laughs out of or think is the worst thing of all things ever. Either way, I know I'll enjoy it on some level.. I do love hating bad films.

Oh, and just to spread the love, here's a scene from Kindergarden Ninja.. Incidentally one of the more memorable scenes from the film, where we're introduced to the bad guy (actually labeled "BAD GUY" in the film!), one of the single worst acting jobs I've ever witnessed where some guy dons a mafia boss accent worthy of a kick in the groin.

I should mention that most of the film isn't as good as this clip, and this clip includes neither martial-arts-master slash blind-angel-guy or the main character. Most of the film is either "action" scenes like this or "dialog" scenes in which the morals are layed on even thicker and are even more cringe-worthy than you see here.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Yoshiking wrote:one of the single worst acting jobs I've ever witnessed where some guy dons a mafia boss accent worthy of a kick in the groin.

I suggest you watch 'Woodchipper Massacre', it has easily the worst acting I have ever seen. This is an absolutely hilarious review of the film by The Cinema Snob.

djross
5332 Ratings

Post by djross »

x
Last edited by djross on Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NoSex
1988 Ratings

Post by NoSex »

Yoshiking wrote:Gus Van Sant's Elephant is a pretty fantastic film in my opinion.. It has such a great atmosphere. I can see how people might not like it though, seeing as it can be challenging to watch if you're not prepared for long stretches of time where nothing happens.

uhmm no sorry. i love haneke & bela tarr's long shots look absolutely stunning; it's not that i have a problem with "nothing happening," it's that i have a problem with the pretension. gus van sant made a fucking movie about the columbine massacre & had brooding teenagers playing first-person-shooters, keying out moonlight sonata, having a homosexual encounter, watching nazi propaganda, & buying fire arms off the internet; that shit is fucking offensive! further, your explanation for it's genius is fucking invented... what high school did you go to where kids just aimlessly walk around the halls for no apparent reason? what high school did you go to where each human being acts as if they are sleep walking? the film is a million miles from realism, and as surrealism... who gives a fuck? it's not bad movie because of any technical or aesthetic aspect (although i find absolutely nothing impressive in this film consider those criteria), it's about the ideology of the film; its supposed "message." the movie is fucking called elephant... it's supposed to be about that thing we're all ignoring that's so painfully obvious? & what is that thing? doom, sad songs, homosexuality, & nazis? way to slap us in the face with stupidity!

further... your evaluation of what makes a bad movie bad is lame & superficial as shit. who gives a fuck of the production is bad or if the blood doesn't look right... that's laughable & "bad" in of itself, sure. but, a truly awful film is bad beyond the surface... it's bad at its core, at its foundation. a film that emotional dishonest (like juno) or a film that proposes to be more important than it truly is (the fountain). the films that should make a list of "wost movies ever" had to really work to get there... through bad ideas, not the poor execution of no ideas, or alright ideas, or who-cares-ideas. ideology is @ the heart of what truly sucks about movies or rules about movies or whatever...

BOO FOR YOUR SURFACE INTERPRETATION! THAT'S SOME SHALLOW SHIT!

p.s. i'm really tired.

cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

Let me put it this way: The realism I see in Elephant is based more on the fact that every other film ever set in a high school is so ridiculously unrealistic to me. Norwegian schools aren't like that, on the contrary they're very much like the one in Elephant.

Gus Van Sant being dutch leads me to believe this is also true for Dutch schools, maybe. Although I'm not going to jump to that conclusion.

In any case, I'm afraid we're going to have to agree to disagree on both points. I can see your points on some level, but I don't really agree with them.. You might say that Juno is a worse film than, say, Kindergarden Ninja, but I say that makes you bat-fuck-insane. A more entertaining film is a better film, no matter what the moral implications of it.. If the "emotional dishonesty" of Juno (I haven't even seen it, for the record) annoys you so much that you would actually prefer to watch Kindergarden Ninja, that's for one thing quite impressive but also says more about you as a viewer than the movie itself. In my opinion, flawed ideoligy can only bring a movie halfways into true awfulness.

djross
5332 Ratings

Post by djross »

x
Last edited by djross on Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

djross
5332 Ratings

Post by djross »

x
Last edited by djross on Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

I haven't seen anything else by Van Sant, but he did attempt to remake Psycho (a remake which I have also skillfully avoided seeing), so my respect for him as a director isn't necessarily very high.

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

Gus Van Sant is amazing.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

The Stupids.........Fuck. its just so bad