Ellen Page comes out...

Discuss your favorite actors, directors or screenwriters
Stewball
2188 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Ellen Page comes out...

Post by Stewball »

Naw...really!!!?? Even if she was but didn't know it, she had to be, she always had a chip on her shoulder. That or being liberal and/or ugly are dead giveaways for women. At least gay men have a sense of humor.

Suture Self
2710 Ratings

Re: Ellen Page comes out...

Post by Suture Self »

: |

SirStuckey
2880 Ratings

Post by SirStuckey »

What exactly was the point of this post?

LyleChipason
116 Ratings

Post by LyleChipason »

Stewball wrote:being liberal and/or ugly are dead giveaways for women.

couldn't agree moore!!!

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

Come on, Stewie. I know you're our resident pop culture guru, but you don't have to make a topic out of every irrelevant piece of celebrity news out there.

Neonman
2886 Ratings

Post by Neonman »

SirStuckey wrote:What exactly was the point of this post?

What's the point of it being on the front page of IMDb for more than a day? It's an important news-worthy topic. Ellen Page is gonna change the world, it's her duty as a professional entertainer.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Stewball wrote:Naw...really!!!?? Even if she was but didn't know it, she had to be, she always had a chip on her shoulder. That or being liberal and/or ugly are dead giveaways for women. At least gay men have a sense of humor.

Oh just shut the fuck up for once you tool.

SirStuckey
2880 Ratings

Post by SirStuckey »

Neonman wrote:
SirStuckey wrote:What exactly was the point of this post?

What's the point of it being on the front page of IMDb for more than a day? It's an important news-worthy topic. Ellen Page is gonna change the world, it's her duty as a professional entertainer.

I would say this is news-worthy for a movie website, yes.

Making a topic on a forum with the sole intention of vaguely insulting her in an incredibly lazy way seems petty and illogical.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

the ultimate friendzoning bitch move.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

ShogunRua wrote:Come on, Stewie. I know you're our resident pop culture guru, but you don't have to make a topic out of every irrelevant piece of celebrity news out there.

Whoa, how often have I come here at all, much less for this?

And this isn't pop culture shit, it's entertainment industry politics--as even the responses here show, and as you should well know. I'm live and let live on the subject, but she's just an angry liberal and probably blaming her flagging career on her having to be in or out of the closet. If she had a decent up or at least neutral personality, she could still survive and even thrive like Elton John, Neil Patrick Harris or Ellen DeGeneres. And what if she'd actually denied rumors that she was gay (gay??? PCBS); she'd have been run out of the country by now, and the liberal responses here would have been mostly reversed.