Say it isn't so

Discuss your favorite actors, directors or screenwriters
Stewball
2188 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Say it isn't so

Post by Stewball »

How has the star of Raising Arizona, Moonstruck, Adaptation, Lord of War and Kick-Ass come to sink so low? Stolen, Season of the Witch, Bangkok Dangerous, Ghost Rider (x2), and now this, Left Behind. He even looks like a dumbass in the poster.

Bojangles
2727 Ratings

Re: Say it isn't so

Post by Bojangles »

Those islands and castles aren't gonna pay for themselves.

sellis
2834 Ratings

Post by sellis »

I'd watch Joe (2014). Directed by David Gordon Green. It's excellent and he restrains himself for nearly the entirety of the running time. It's this franchise/genre fare that he goes crazy in

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

sellis wrote:I'd watch Joe (2014). Directed by David Gordon Green. It's excellent and he restrains himself for nearly the entirety of the running time. It's this franchise/genre fare that he goes crazy in

And Left Behind takes his sellout down to a whole new level.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

You're right; his facial expression in that poster is hilarious. He looks he just walked in on three men pissing on his wife simultaneously.

hellboy76
6340 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

Nic Cage is notorious for blowing through massive amounts of money. Something like 150 million and owing huge amounts to the IRS. He does shit like this for the money. He will do anything. If we wrote a script and got Kickstarter to finance it, he would be in it if the money was right.

Rumors are he spent money on ridiculous extravagances. 15 houses, a dinosaur skull, an island.

CMonster
1444 Ratings

Post by CMonster »

Also, I can't hold it against the guy if sometime he tries to be a serious actor and other times he just has fun being silly and over the top.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

CMonster wrote:Also, I can't hold it against the guy if sometime he tries to be a serious actor and other times he just has fun being silly and over the top.

If he just did and occasional piece of junk, he'd be getting a lot more for doing both. In fact, he can't be getting that much for doing this piece of junk with a reported budget of $15 mil. On the other hand, the apparent quality is about $3 mil. :roll:

edkrak
3747 Ratings

Post by edkrak »

I'm glad we can finally see him in films comparable in quality to his acting abilities. :twisted:

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

edkrak wrote:I'm glad we can finally see him in films comparable in quality to his acting abilities. :twisted:

Now you're going overboard on the other side here. In fact, if the Oscars were actually close to what they purport to be, he should have at least been nominated for best actor for Lord of War (and it best pic...over Crash).