Movie Lull Season

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
ayall
1652 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Movie Lull Season

Post by ayall »

I always feel as if there is a lull of good/great movies right after the Oscars.
Kinda like the anti-Climax in a film.

Since this past year, in my eyes, was especially disappointing; this lull is even worst then normal.

Anyone know anything coming out this year before the summer worth watching?

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Re: Movie Lull Season

Post by ShogunRua »

I've been wondering the same thing.

I might give "Act of Valor" a shot, and while I typically avoid Hollywood animated films like the plague, "The Pirates! Band of Misfits" looks promising. Other than that...I don't have a clue.

nauru
1667 Ratings

Post by nauru »

Well the following I will definitely see:

The Avengers (May)
Men in Black III (May)
The Dictator (May)
Prometheus (June)

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

It's been one of the worst lull's I can remember for the last 3 or 4 weeks, not just weak, bad; but I think there's some good stuff coming:

The Hunger Games
Bullet to the Head
Rock of Ages
Prometheus

3dRevelation
1164 Ratings

Post by 3dRevelation »

Got you covered:

ayall
1652 Ratings

Post by ayall »

3dRevelation wrote:Got you covered:

Hahaha... That almost looks like an SNL spoof for an Adam Sandler Movie.
Can't be any worst then Jack & Jill, I'll likely give it a watch but i consider late June as summer.

Awesome user name btw.

3dRevelation
1164 Ratings

Post by 3dRevelation »

ayall wrote:Hahaha... That almost looks like an SNL spoof for an Adam Sandler Movie.
Can't be any worst then Jack & Jill, I'll likely give it a watch but i consider late June as summer.

I haven't seen Jack & Jill and probably never will. I think the thing I laughed the most at is that Rex Ryan plays a lawyer or something in the trailer. Leave it up to Sandler to turn Student-Teacher sexual relations into a joke.

ayall wrote:Awesome user name btw.

BTW, this is dougied89. I just deleted my old account, so I could change my name (I also wanted to go over my rankings a bit, but not much changed). I was so disappointed when I found out the username could only be from 3-12 characters. I wanted to make it TheThirdRevelation, and then I changed it to 3rdRevelation, which unfortunately is 13 characters, and finally settled on 3dRevelation after I found out that 3d is also a, albeit seldom used, abbreviation for 3rd.

Seriously though there just isn't many movies I'm interested in seeing. I don't anticipate seeing a movie until The Dark Knight Rises.

If you like Wes Anderson, maybe you'd be interested in Moonrise Kingdom that comes out on May 25th. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of him (Rushmore was really good, but IMO The Life Aquatic and The Royal Tenenbaums were just kind of meh for me), but his new film has a pretty good cast (Hell, I'll watch pretty much anything with Edward Norton in it).

CMonster
1444 Ratings

Post by CMonster »

3dRevelation wrote:Got you covered:

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

It's kind of amusing how Adam Sandler's last few pictures don't even look like real pictures. As ayall correctly noted, they're more like spoofs of scum-sucking, bottom-feeding Hollywood comedies.

3dRevelation
1164 Ratings

Post by 3dRevelation »

CMonster wrote:Image

Pretty much echoes my sentiments. We can probably also add Eddie Murphy's new "movie" to this.