Scenes We'd Like to See

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
TheSaberfool
1131 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Scenes We'd Like to See

Post by TheSaberfool »

Ocelot wrote:I want to see a scene where someone is beaten to death with an Oscar. I also want to see a scene in which Adam Sandler pelts onlookers from his balcony with a never-ending supply of Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards.

Ideally, these are in the same movie.

Perhaps Sandler concludes his onlooker pelting and goes back inside only to find DDL ready to [spoiler]re-enact the final scene of There Will Be Blood with an Oscar standing in for the bowling pin.[/spoiler]

Ocelot
2307 Ratings

Post by Ocelot »

Nah, the person getting beaten with the Oscar has to be Leonardo DiCaprio, and whoever his doing it has to yell "IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED? HUH? IS IT!?"

CMonster
1444 Ratings

Post by CMonster »

I'd like to see a scene with a white and black guy that would go something like this.

Black guy: Our race was put down for years. How dare you act like it's okay?

White guy: Maybe it's time your group picked itself up by the bootstraps!

Black guy: THIS SEEMS TO BE AN ACURATE PORTRAYL OF THE TENSIONS THAT EXiST BETWEEN US THAT FEW PEOPLE ADDRESS DIRECTLY!

I dunno, I think a scene like this might go a long ways to helping with race relations in America.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

movieboy wrote:Post

I think you might want to take a nice, deep breath, maybe take a much-needed piss, and then calmly read what was written again. It's not like you to misunderstand such basic things, or overreact to them to such a comical, childish extent.

movieboy wrote:And 30% of Prius owners are conservatives who preach destroying the environment but buy Priuses which is fucking hypocrisy and beyond stupid - they should be buying hummers and also setting the tyres alight when driving it - otherwise they are arseholes.

And what are you blathering on about here? Liberal propaganda aside, no conservative is actually in favor of "destroying the environment". Meanwhiles, liberals themselves readily admit to being heavily against pollution, and all about "cleaning the air" and against "secondhand smoke".

Ergo, why the scene with a guy in a Prius and an Obama bumper sticker was hypocritical.

tonydal
2325 Ratings

Post by tonydal »

All of this fuss and blather demonstrating (once again) that the internet is the slums of thought.

hellboy76
6340 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

ShogunRua wrote:
movieboy wrote:Post

I think you might want to take a nice, deep breath, maybe take a much-needed piss, and then calmly read what was written again. It's not like you to misunderstand such basic things, or overreact to them to such a comical, childish extent.

movieboy wrote:And 30% of Prius owners are conservatives who preach destroying the environment but buy Priuses which is fucking hypocrisy and beyond stupid - they should be buying hummers and also setting the tyres alight when driving it - otherwise they are arseholes.

And what are you blathering on about here? Liberal propaganda aside, no conservative is actually in favor of "destroying the environment". Meanwhiles, liberals themselves readily admit to being heavily against pollution, and all about "cleaning the air" and against "secondhand smoke".

Ergo, why the scene with a guy in a Prius and an Obama bumper sticker was hypocritical.

Overreaction or not, you are pigeonholing.

I am a registered Democrat. I smoked for 20 years, yet spent my own personal time doing highway cleanup and donating to various causes.

I don't care if people own a shotgun to go hunting with, I just think guns should be harder to get.

I am pro choice, and pro capital punishment for certain crimes.

You can call me a hypocrite if you want, if I don't fit into your cookie cutter idea of "liberals". Also, don't get me wrong, it's not like you, or "conservatives" are the only people pigeonholing, it has become the way of the world.

Moderates are left to wither and die, as they do not capture the headlines of the 24 hour news cycle, nor the fervor of the mostly politically ignorant public.

This example is just hyperbole of the current separation of state, and the fact that the two party system mixed with lobbyism is killing us.

What if the Prius, was his wife's car? :)

CMonster
1444 Ratings

Post by CMonster »

I came up with another scene that may be applicable to some of the people in this forum. It starts with this men or women, humans if you will, sitting at a bar.

Human on the left: I think the best economic way to heal our ills is by raising taxes to funding public assistance programs and support new business.

Human on right: WELL, I think that by cutting taxes it provides more economic opportunity for small businesses and promotes community support rather than government support for those that need help.

Human in the middle: Both of you seem to have validity to what you are saying! Maybe we could use a bit of both your ideas!

Barkeep: THIS SEEMS TO BE AN ACCURATE PORTRAYL OF THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE ECONOMIC THOUGHT SYSTEMS OF THE TWO MAJOR AMERICAN POLITICAL PARTIES!

Not only could a scene like this really foster some bipartisanship and healing between the parties, hopefully the text will be enough to help heal these forums as well.

td888
3958 Ratings

Post by td888 »

movieboy wrote:
But then, everyone knows that the raw fish eating, Karaoke singing, Sake drinking Japanese are ridiculous hypocrites anyway - so it doesn't surprise me.

O_o

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

hellboy76 wrote:Overreaction or not, you are pigeonholing.

I am a registered Democrat. I smoked for 20 years, yet spent my own personal time doing highway cleanup and donating to various causes.

You're missing the point. Everyone is hypocritical in one area or another, and to varying extents. It's natural. My post wasn't criticizing the hypocrisy, but rather those who refuse to recognize it in Stewie's example. It absolutely exists.

hellboy76 wrote:I am pro choice, and pro capital punishment for certain crimes.

So am I. Actually, I don't see any contradiction here whatsoever.

hellboy76 wrote:the fact that the two party system mixed with lobbyism is killing us.

You're right about the two party system, but that's been an ill the US has managed to overcome until very recently. So what's changed? Growing partisan hatred/loyalty and increasing ignorance about government/politics/history. Why has that changed? Increasingly worse education and the work of the media. The media and school board are overwhelmingly what, by any metric? Liberal.

That's what you don't get. I don't like Republicans or most self-styled "conservatives". I really, truly don't. And disagree with them on many issues.

But I recognize that liberalism is the cancer that will kill the US, just like it's called off dozens upon dozens of nations in the past.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

Yes. Between the political/economic left and the theocratic/rule of "God" right, both promoting emotional (blind faith) decision making, reason in swamped. The Age of Reason has made little progress with society as a whole since the Dark Ages. If I was a believer, I'd say that scientific discovery and implementation under these circumstances was nothing less than a miracle. But I know that progress was facilitated by freedom, the importance of which both extremes are now downplaying.

"Freedom, what's the big deal?" 180,000,000 people killed by their own big centralized governments in the 20th Century, that's the big deal. It's a whole lot more than those killed by wars between countries.