Introduce Yourself

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
NathanDarko
4244 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by NathanDarko »

Katya wrote:I'm not very new at the site but I don't check the forum much, so when I saw this topic I just wanted to say "Hi". I'm Turkish as you can see and I'm 22 years old. I'm a landscape architect and also a grad student. I mostly like dramas, sci/fi and war movies but I watch all types of movies except romantic comedies and action movies - I just can't stand them. Movies with sad endings are my weak point, I can't help loving them. I'm a little pessimist person because of this they just seem to be more realistic to me. I don't know what else to say, I really like to be a part of this site and as I said before, just wanted to say "Hi!":)

Hey Katja greetz to Istanbul and welcome to the Criticker Forum..but I think to love Movies with sad and emotional endings isn´t a weak point ;-) quite the reverse I think ;)

KGB
1335 Ratings

Post by KGB »

Hey, I use the remembered film feature to make my own must-see list. There's 60 films in a page and about 17 pages so, uhm... Yeah. These are the kind of obsessions I don't usually share with mates. :D

Melvin Smif
1132 Ratings

Post by Melvin Smif »

lauratron wrote:
prowler wrote:that's what the wishlist is for :) there's 180 on mine, but some of them i've seen and am waiting for an update in functionality before i go find and remove them

by the way, wouldn't it be logical for a film to automatically disappear from your wishlist once you've rated it?

That makes sense to me! Though I guess you could have a wishlist for ones you've already seen but don't yet own...?

I tend to add things from my Criticker wishlist and then make a note of them in the book - the book also contain ones which friends etc recommend (though I had to turn down Flashdance and some other rather poor suggestions!). I take the book when I go shopping for DVDs - if you ever want to feel like a dork in a store, I'd highly recommend that approach!

I tend to use the remember feature for my list, one that it massive I may add and ever growing. Oh by the way hi everyone I'll do a bigger hello later I guess.

Gobman
850 Ratings

Post by Gobman »

Hi all, been at this site for awhile now but never checked out the forums before, I'm a 20 year-old Australian movie fan who needs to clean up his ratings, because it appears I love way too many movies.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Welcome to the forums! :D I'm Australian as well! I'm also really annoying by the way...

Paul H
179 Ratings

Post by Paul H »

Hello everyone. My name is Paul, and I like movies :D

Thoughtgraff
401 Ratings

Post by Thoughtgraff »

Hello everyone, my name's Mike Wison. I'm a 30 year old freelance artist/illustrator trying to survive in the terrifying USA. To distract myself from the terror, I make ambient electronic music and post reviews of weird Russian animation on my blogo.

Lately I've taken to ramming German new wave cinema into my greedy, greedy eye holes. I'm proud to say I'm not married and have no kids. No pets either. I have way too many interests to post them all here but I'll say that lately I'm reading Richard Dawkins and learning MXML. I'm working on publishing my own magazine called Stream that will feature a collection of illustrations that were done spontaneously by various artists.

I'm happy to be a part of Criticker and I hope to become a part of it's nefarious community.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

Welcome to Criticker, Thoughtgraff and Paul.

^sweet intro. funny and concise.

carnageace
106 Ratings

Post by carnageace »

Hi, I'm CarnageAce, I love comedy, particularly self aware comedy, which is why Mel Brooks is one of my favourite directors. I'm also a big fan of history flicks, being a history student it's entertaining to see actors portrayals of famous figures from the annals of time. I'm also making amateur films myself, though the true effort in this won't start until June, after my exams (I am only 16) when I intend on making a sketch show based around people writing a sketch show (like I said, self aware humour is my favourite). Hi!

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Hi everyone :) Thought I'd do the intro thing on here. The name is Daniel and I'm 19 years old from South Australia. A big movie buff and I love writing reviews and watching all types of movies but my main love sits with Horror films. I'm a massive Horror fan and love nothing but a good Horror film to watch. So yah that's me, see ya's 'round :D